Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg MPS 800 Weird Behaviour

irfanilyas
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I really could do with your help. I have an mps 800 that is displaying the following behaviour:

System controller blade can be accessed via http

Performed factory default and the mps config did look as if it did  perform a factory default but then i noticed details in the personal  conference section that were there before the defvalues was performed.

Can't call the Ip address no set in the single dial in config page even  after a reboot and the same behaviour after a defvalues, howver can call  the e164 number set in single dial in number section.

When i call using the single dial in e.164 i am not presented with any  welcome messages or prompts, just get a black screen (TB and polycom  PVX).

when i create a conference and dial into the conference via e.164 number  i get "no incoming video" on the TB EP and the same occurs when i dial  the PVX app into the same conference as the TB i can't see any video or  hear and audio. i don't even get "your the only participant" audio  message.

There are no alarms on the blades and i can also provide access to the mcu to try and get to the bottom of this issue. This is a brand new System controller blade and therefore yo can understand my frustration.

MPS is running 4.6

any help or a prod in the right direction is appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Ifran - Good morning. 

"Can't call the Ip address no set in the single dial in config page even   after a reboot and the same behaviour after a defvalues, howver can  call  the e164 number set in single dial in number section."

- Are you using VCS?  Can you confirm that Any IP Address Dial rule is listed on the VCS?  If both registered in the local zone, any IP Address targetted for local may help resolve this matter for you.  If using VCS of course.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"when i create a conference and dial into the conference via e.164  number  i get "no incoming video" on the TB EP and the same occurs when i  dial  the PVX app into the same conference as the TB i can't see any  video or  hear and audio. i don't even get "your the only participant"  audio  message."

-  When you create the conference on the MPS, and dial in.  Go to this conference in the MPS, do you see "video format unknown" or something to that effect? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can:

1) Verify that you can ping or reach the MPS's Media Board IP addresses from the TB client or the PVX client.  This is important because while the controller carries the signalling, the Open Logical Channel requests will be directed to the Media Board IP Addresses.  If the endpoint cannot send UDP data to the IP address will result in no audio or video. 

2) You can also run the following via admin session log in to the TB endpoint and the MPS itself.  If you run the following and capture text to a file: "syslog on" (without quotes) on both MPS and TB endpoint, you can see the messing being passed in between the devices.  One point of interest would be to look at the MCS statistics on both the TB endpoint and MPS.  They will look like this:

H323MCS-1 pkts      0, loss      0, jitter   0, maxjitter   0, drop
0, rate     0 (Audio input)
H323MCS-1 pkts      0, loss      0, jitter   0, maxjitter   0, drop
0, rate     0 (Main Video input)
H323MCS-1 pkts   1218, loss      0, jitter   0, maxjitter   0, drop
0, rate   640 (Audio output)
H323MCS-1 pkts    571, loss      0, jitter   0, maxjitter   0, drop
0, rate    10 (Main Video output)

This is shows video and audio packets in and out from the device that its taken from.  If you see Audio Output and Main Video Output sending packets but not receiving, and you see the same in the TB log, then it may very well that the TB or the PVX can't route UDP packets to the Media Board IP Addresses.  These MCS Statistics print in the log every five seconds, so you willl see this in the log enough to know. 

Also, one other thing to check is the Media Board IP Configuration.  Verify that everything set there is good to go as well. 

Can you verify this for us? 

VR

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

thanks for your help.

i am now able to dial the ip address on the single dial config page on the mcu after adding the any ip address rule to the vcs.

i am un able to dial ( via TB and PVX) into any of the two media blades ip address, i am also unable to ping them from cmd.

In the conference when i dial the pvx under video out on the conference page it says " No video".

Any further help is appreciated, what do you think is causing this issue?

HI Irfan - It seems you either have a switch port configuration issue where the MPS sits for those media cards.  If I sit at my desk and ping Media Card 1 and 2, I get a response from both.  I can telnet to my 1700 MXP and initiate ping to Media Card 1 and 2 and get a response.  If you telnet to your Tandberg device and initiate: ping (replace with IP of media card) and don't get a response, then you have some sort of routing issue to that media card. Also verify the controller card address and network ID.  Mine is operating on ID 1, and reverify the IP address, subnet mask and GW is also correct.   

System Controller handles the signalling, but when the Open Logical Requests come from the MPS to the far end to tell it to send media, it designates the Media Card IP addresses to send it to.  So when the PVX or Tandberg endpoint starts to send media to that IP Address, it can't make it there in order to start reporting on it, and show you the welcome screen etc. 

If you can't ping the media cards from your desk, then you have a routing issue or switch port configuraiton problem on the switch the MPS media cards are connected to.  Can you verify they are on the same VLAN and have the same switch port configuration as the controller?  Can you ping the controller? 

VR

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: