Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg Multi Point Calls from Endpoints

bobby.jacob
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco TP Experts,

We have Tandberg Profile's and Ex 90 endpoints, as i know the EX series and Profile series has built-in MCU Resource, how can i configure Multipoint calls without using separate MCU.

We have VCS ver.6 and MCU 4505. Can make conference calls using MCU 4505.

Thanks

Bobby

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bobby,

You can foind that installed on Endpoints, it is visible on GUI on System Information page, on section Installed options

According to product description of C90, it contatin multisite feature, if it's not on EX90, then might be it's not purchased for that.

You can check purchased license using serial number of device and Licensing tool

Link to tool: https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/Home#tabbeditem

Go to:

then click Lookup and Resend and follow step

Regards,

Vivek

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bobby

First you need to make sure your endpoints have the multisite option installed

SystemUnit Software OptionKeys MultiSite: "true"

You can make a reular P2P call and dial a third endpoint and the call will automatically be a multisite call without having the presence of an MCU. The endpoint being the master of the call needs to have the multisite option. The option keys can be checked on the webgui of the units. 

Just in case I misunderstood your questions was there any particular place you want to configure the multisite call? Do you want to book it from TMS? Or did this answer your question?

Best Regards

Magnus Ohm

1) I couldn't see in the software option(license)- Multisite, Hence i configured Multiway(Conference Factory) and its working.

2) So if i dont have a multisite option on Endpoints, we cannot make a conference with Endpoints? Advice plz.

Thanks

If you do not have "Multisite option" installed, then you cannot make calls to multiple sites at the same time using the on-board MCU - but you will still be able to make these calls through Multiway, as you have discovered.

The multisite option key can be purchased separately for each end-point, and once entered, activates the onboard MCU.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Thanks Jens,

Valuable point, Mutisite option if its enabled where i could see, is it on VCS or on Endpoints?

Logically- On Endpoints?

We have a C90 which is yet to be installed, i could see on the product description-C90 LIC-INTP-C90-MS.

But not on other Endpoints like EX and Profile Series.

Thanks again.

Hi Bobby,

You can foind that installed on Endpoints, it is visible on GUI on System Information page, on section Installed options

According to product description of C90, it contatin multisite feature, if it's not on EX90, then might be it's not purchased for that.

You can check purchased license using serial number of device and Licensing tool

Link to tool: https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/Home#tabbeditem

Go to:

then click Lookup and Resend and follow step

Regards,

Vivek

Its Clear now .

Thanks Vivek.