Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg MXP 3000 HELP

michael7392
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

I'm attempting to control a Tandberg MXP 3000 Codec via Qys Lua Scripting.

I am struggling to read the Local Directory and can only see an xCommand to search through the Corporate Directory ( xCommand corpdirsearch).

Does anyone know of a command that could be used to read/search through the Local directory?

Cheers, 

Michael

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Tandberg MXP 3000s are a very old device, which reach their last day of support and become obsolete on 31 May 2017.  I'd highly recommend that you look at replacing this device with something a little more current.

But, to answer your query, I do not believe there is any command to "Search" through the local directory on the old MXP devices like there is for the Corporate Directory.

You would need to parse the whole directory (xDirectory LocalEntry) in to your external system, then search it within that to get the appropriate entry to dial (ie, to dial entry number 99, the command would be: xcommand diallocalentry localentryid:99).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Found out that the xommand to retrieve a contact isnt an xcommand but rather  'dir' (Local directory) or 'globir' (for golbal directory), followed by the id of the contact.

E.g.

dir 1 \r\n

retrieves the first contact in the local directory

for j = 1,200 do -- Number of contacts to request 
local tx_message = "globdir " .. j .. "\r\n"
sock:Write(tx_message)
end

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: