cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TC Console 6.2 Default and Custom Layouts problems

mguguvcevski
Level 1
Level 1

After creating a custom layout with the TC console and applying it to a C60 codec the following is observed:

- After hiding all layouts and leaving only the custom created one as shown, the codec still shows the Equal layout and my custom layout

- Although the custom layout is set as the default layout, the system always returns to the Equal layout after a reset

- Although the custom layout is set as the default layout, the system always returns to the Equal layout after ending a call

Codec C60 software version TC7.0.2

TC Console version 6.2

8 Replies 8

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On mine, I've left the other default out of the box layouts there and just added my new layout - which I've then defaulted all the local and remote layouts to (see screenshot below).

I don't have any issues with it changing/reverting following a reset or a call - it always uses my layout.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

PS - Also using TC7.0.2 and TC Console 6.2

PPS - I've had issues with TC Console 6.2 and TC7.1.1 (which includes the Heartbleed fix) where TC Console 6.2 doesn't want to talk to the codec at all / errors / can't upload layouts / etc.  Might be something to keep in mind if you're considering upgrading.  I've had to downgrade some of mine this morning to change some layouts, to then upgrade them back to TC7.1.1 again for the bug fixes.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne, 

Unfortunately it does not work. 

Also tried upgrading to TC7.1.1 and using Console 7.1.1, reverted the codec to factory defaults, configured all layout settings again, but I get the same functional error. 

The codec does not return to my chosen default Custom layout after an active call. 

The default the codec chooses is Equal, or Prominent or something else, depending on which one are hidden and which are not. 

Are you making the call natively from the c60, or do you use some other control system (Crestron, AMX, etc) to dial?  If so, perhaps it's this other system that is resetting the layout following the call?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

No there are no control systems. I also opened a TAC case and they recreated the issue on TC7.1.1  and TC7.1.2. Awaiting for further feedback. 

Did TAC ever resolve this? I am having a similiar issue where the Equal layout shows up even though it is configured as hidden. Once a custom layout is selected it is no longer listed. Maybe related to the test remote endpoint being Jabber (single screen)?

Hi Joel, 

This is the procedure:

- Restore the system to factory defaults

- Upgrade to the newest TC firmware

- Configure the codec again - do not use a restore from a previously saved backup, as there are remnants in the backup file that brake the layout

- Configure your layouts again with the newest TC console

I hope this solves your issue. 

Mihail 

Thanks for the answer. One additional question, was there a specific release needed to fix the issue or just the start from factory default?

I was working then with TC7.1.2 and console 7.1.1 tc-console-win-v7.1.1.msi. 

But I am sure that starting from factory default and manually configuring the device without configuration restore would also do.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: