Views
Helpful
Replies

TC Console 7.1 is now available

jrandby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have made TC Console for TC7.1 available on this location: ftp://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/endpoints/tc_console/

Please let us know if you have any problems using the new version.

-Johan

CETG Cisco

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
TCConsole 7.1 and 7.1.1 have been available at https://developer.cisco.com/site/collaboration/telepresence/av-integrator/tools/tc-console/tc-console.gsp for over a week. My issue is that it's not backwards compatible with TC7.0.x or TC6.x endpoints, so in a mixed environment you need to manually swap between .jar files depending on which codec you want to alter.
Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne

You should be able to use TC Console 6.2 on TC7.0. 

Unfortunately we don´t have backward compatibility in TC console, so if there are any API changes that break the functionality you need to use a newer TC console. 

-Johan

Wayne,

let me rephrase. It appears that TC console 6.2 may work on 6.3 and 7.0. I have succesfully connected and created a custom layout, but this combination has not be properly tested, so I can not guarantee that you will not face any problems. We are working on getting this under control, so sorry for the confusion and lack of a 6.3/7.0 TC console version.

Please let me know if you find any issues.

-Johan

Thanks Johan, I've had no issues using TC Console 6.2 with TC6.3 and 7.0 - that combination has worked fine for me so far.

The statement was more around the constantly needing to swap versions for different codecs and asking if there an easier way than manually swapping the .jar files when needing to deal with mixes of versions in multiple environments?  Are there any plans to release a version that detects the software version on the codec it is connecting to and use the correct method of communicating (and I assume, limiting different functionality)?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: