cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TC7.3.3 is released

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am pleased to announce that TC7.3.3 has been released.

This version contains mainly bug fixes but has also re-named the web-snapshot feature to "Remote Monitoring". To activate this feature in TC7.3.3 an option key is now required. Please read the release notes for more details.  

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc7/release_notes/tc-software-release-notes-tc7.pdf

Note: There are currently some issues publishing the release notes at the time of this post, please stay tuned as it will be available in an hour or two. We are sorry for any issues this may cause. I have attached a copy of the release note to this post just in case.

The release notes has been refurbished and will no longer list specific bugs but rather provide a pre-defined bug search in the Cisco bug tool. This gives a better and dynamic overview of open and resolved caveats.

Regards

/Magnus

68 Replies 68

jeremy smith
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone confirm whether you were able to Apply the key BEFORE upgrading to 7.3.3 ? I have seen conflicting instructions as to whether it would work, and I keep getting the wrong type of keys from Cisco, where some SEEM to take and others don't.  I don't want to upgrade to 7.3.3 without a working Remote Monitor key. If the codec should take the key prior to upgrading, that would help me sort which keys need to be re-requested.

I went from 7.2.1 and was told many times to upgrade first. I'm not sure if 7.3.x will recognize them, but certainly 7.2.x will NOT.

As long as the option key starts with 1Sxxx you should be good. Cisco originally issued me a bunch of 1Rxxx keys which obviously did not work.

You must upgrade to TC7.3.3 before you can apply the RemoteMonitoring key, software versions prior to TC7.3.3 won't recognize it and will throw an error. It's even documented in the release notes. 

steven-chu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Magnus,

We have a C40 and C20 Codecs that we recently upgraded the firmware to TC7.3.5 and we lost the snapshot features. We contacted the Cisco and they aren't able to help us because we have service contact through Zcare.

I contacted Zcare and was told the free upgrade option has ended. They will try to submit the request but it didn't sound too promising. Will you be able to help us obtain two license keys?

Thank you in advance.

Steven

The "Free upgrade" ended at the end of 2015.  Since January 1, you need to purchase (US$100 list price) PID.

This is discussed in the field notice: field_update_web_snapshots_250615

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the prompt response.

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

Magnus,

Is this option key still free? Cisco Licensing TAC is telling me I need to purchase it.

rf

Nope, you spend $30k on a VC system, enable auto answer and hide the touch panel so no one knows you dialed in to watch them at 1080p60/AAC is included.

Want to watch 1 frame every 5 sec through a web browser, that's a paid feature!

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the "Free upgrade" period ended at the end of 2015.  Since 1 January 2016, you need to purchase a new PID (US$100 list price).

This is discussed in the field notice: field_update_web_snapshots_250615

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: