cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCS Auto Dial with MCU

Brandon Rebbe
Level 1
Level 1

I have 4 C20 endpoints that will be calling into a permanent conference that is setup on the MCU 4501.  The client also has a TCS that we would like to record the calls with. 

If i setup the TCS to call the MCU on a permanent conference it never ends.  All my clients can end there calls but how am i supposed to get the TCS to end its call?  

Right now i tried settign up the permanet conference to call the TCS but then the TCS records when nothing is going on and never ends its call.

Is there a better way to set this up?  I don't want to use Adhoc calls and this has to be easy for the client. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Most of the time the TCS requires a VCS.

You may want to try making one person the "chair" of your permanent conference.

Set the conference to terminate when only participants are present.

Configure the alias for the TCS as an endpoint.

Configure a specific permanent conference to call out to the specific TCS alias as a pre-configured participant.

Join the call as the chair.

Join the call as the participant.

MCU calls TCS.

Chair leaves the meeting.

Meeting tears down.

While I don't have this setup myself, we do basically the same thing with a PSTN dial-out, so I don't see why it would be any different.

Is the TCS registered to the GK on the MCU as well?

Why no VCS?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brandon Rebbe
Level 1
Level 1

Also  I have teh MCU setup as the Gatekeeper and all the endpoints are registered to it.  I am using a prefix for the dialing and we are not using SIP.  

Most of the time the TCS requires a VCS.

You may want to try making one person the "chair" of your permanent conference.

Set the conference to terminate when only participants are present.

Configure the alias for the TCS as an endpoint.

Configure a specific permanent conference to call out to the specific TCS alias as a pre-configured participant.

Join the call as the chair.

Join the call as the participant.

MCU calls TCS.

Chair leaves the meeting.

Meeting tears down.

While I don't have this setup myself, we do basically the same thing with a PSTN dial-out, so I don't see why it would be any different.

Is the TCS registered to the GK on the MCU as well?

Why no VCS?

I will try this out in the shop tomorrow. 

As far why no VCS?  I cannot tell you as i did not design this and i am just being brought into the project.  I think the client has a limited budget so my counterpart thought that the MCU acting as a "VCS" would work.  

We are integrating this system witha  crestron control system so the client gets a couple buttons to make everything work.  So i have to find a way to make this very easy. 

Thanks

Brandon Rebbe
Level 1
Level 1

I figured this out!!!

There is a setting on the end point configuration called auto disconnect. "

Automatic disconnection

When a participant disconnects from a conference and only endpoints set to Automatic disconnection are left, all those participants are disconnected.

Then in the setup of your Conference tell it only to invite pre-configured when at least one other participent is connected. 

So the TCS will only connect when somone else is connected and then it will disconnect once everyone else is gone.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: