Views
Helpful
Replies

TCS Media Server UNC Path Question

tracy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem that I hope someone on the forum can help me with. I have classes that are being captured with TCS. I want to be able to moved the captured video to another system for delivery. I have a media server configuration setup that moves the file using FTP and that it is working with no problem. But, I would rather use an UNC path to do this rather an FTP. I have a place in the media server configuration to specify the UNC path but I don't have a place to specify the account to be used to place the video on the UNC path. In other words, I don't know what account to give permission on the UNC path to be able to write the data to the path. Does anyone know how this UNC path is suppose to be used in the TCS interface?

Thanks.

--tracy

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

adimchev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tracy,

I imagine you hesitate to grant write permission to "everyone" on the sharer folder so what you could try is to grant NTFS permisision to the computer object type (tcs in your case), this is allow access for services run by the system account, users trying to access this resources from within this computer will be denied.

Regards//Andrey

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

adimchev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tracy,

I imagine you hesitate to grant write permission to "everyone" on the sharer folder so what you could try is to grant NTFS permisision to the computer object type (tcs in your case), this is allow access for services run by the system account, users trying to access this resources from within this computer will be denied.

Regards//Andrey

Andrey,

Thanks a million. That solution worked perfectly. I didn't even think about that approach. Makes perfect sense.

--tracy

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App