Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCS playback problem

Hi

I have a cluster of three TCS's and we have an issue where when viewing the playback via the flash player the player intermittently stops working.

Initially we suspected that the issue may relate to the number of concurrent streaming connections to the server; however the "windows media services" doesn't show any indication of the number of flash players connected.

the cluster of servers doesn't have a reliable load balancing method, basically round robin DNS records are used in order to attempt some level of load balancing between the servers on http, I understand this will be highly unreliable and suspect that possibly one of the servers is being overloaded with streaming requests which is what is causing the streams to stop, I understand that the servers can support up to 100 unicast streams.

so what I am really looking to find is a method of checking / validating the number of flash media clients streaming from any particular server, as I suspect I will see one particular server performing the streaming application far more than other servers and with metrics as this providing proof of the server load I would be able to suggest a more reliable load balancing method

Look forward to some expert responses.

Cheers

Dave    

Think with Portals       

Think with Portals
Everyone's tags (5)
1 REPLY

TCS playback problem

Anyone?

Think with Portals

Think with Portals
Views