cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCS quality

ahautzmayer
Level 1
Level 1

If I'm calling the Cisco TCS directly from our EX90 the video resolution is only 576p but the call setup is with 6Mb/s.
We're using the Cisco TCS SMB solution that we've ordered with BE6k.
What could be the issues that we got no HD resolution for the recording, I've tried the call via H323 and SIP.
We're using 27 TelePresence Endpoint in our network an during a normal conference we've FULL HD.

ALEXANDER

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Did not even know that the BE6000 has the capability to run the TCS ;-)

Seems to be not mentioned in the current data sheet.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps11369/data_sheet_c78-717454.html

Do you have the 9.1 version or something newer?

It would not surprise me to have this limitation. The resources are limited and sales wise it

possibly  makes sense to offer this in the "real product".

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

Maybe the BE6k product isn't as capable as the full version... aer you sure you have the H.264 enabled for the recording aliases you are using?  You may need to limit the output type to the MPEG-4 for QuickTime also for a test as the WMV option won't do HD (from memory).

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Did you get the answer?

Can TCS SMB record with 720p?

14 Replies 14

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have the Premium Resolution Licence (LIC-TCS-PRO) for your content server? Without that, you won't be able to record in HD.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Yes its correct what Wayne says, you need the Premium Resolution option key.

There are some requirements, regards hardware (1st, 2nd or UCS/VM)

software (>TCS5) . But as it sounds fresh ordered you might have the latest.

Besides that, even if you ordered it with the Premium Resolution key you need to

enter it on the webinterface of the TCS.

Have not seen the TCS6 if its included or if you still need the additional license.

If something else is limiting the bandwidth afterwards (like your VCS has links/pipes set up)

could force a lower call than the requested bandwidth and by that lower resolution.

How is your recording alias set up? Which quality is selected there?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi
I checked CCW for Premium Resolution Key, but for the SMB BE6k version there is no key available.
See photo
Last week my technical staff checked the VCS for any bandwidth limitation.

Alex

The licence is listed as an option on the Data Sheet http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11305/ps11318/ps11347/data_sheet_c78-626482.html. Note: You also need to be using H.264 to get the 720P.

Wayne
--

This datasheet is for the 5 port TCS version, I double checkedit in CCW and for the 5 port TCS the option Premium Key is available.
But for the 1 port TCS version there is no option Premium Key in CCW, Please see picture from CCW.
In the configuration of the TCS our technical staff configured all video codecs including H264 for call setup.

ALEX

Did not even know that the BE6000 has the capability to run the TCS ;-)

Seems to be not mentioned in the current data sheet.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps11369/data_sheet_c78-717454.html

Do you have the 9.1 version or something newer?

It would not surprise me to have this limitation. The resources are limited and sales wise it

possibly  makes sense to offer this in the "real product".

We've bought the TCS (1 port version) on an UCS220 Server and that is only possible if you buy it with an BE6k solution.
We run the TCS on its own dedicated Server and only for that special price we bought it that way.
We're using the TCS in combination with our existing CUCM 9.x and therefore there should be no limitation.

Alex

Maybe the BE6k product isn't as capable as the full version... aer you sure you have the H.264 enabled for the recording aliases you are using?  You may need to limit the output type to the MPEG-4 for QuickTime also for a test as the WMV option won't do HD (from memory).

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--

I get following info from BU

The SMB 1 port TCS should come with this option, if it does not have it installed open a TAC case.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/tcs/5_3/administration/guide/premium_res.html

Alex

Did you get the answer?

Can TCS SMB record with 720p?

yes, I got the information from our local Cisco System Engineer, the license key für the TCS SMB solution was not ship and therefore I couldn't record in 720p

w448p30  is not HD  ..

In the promo description : single HD port

Capture1.JPG

If PR option is include for TCS-SMB : Maximum recording resolution (for download)  must be 1080p30 according to the manual.

The guys from marketing is forgot to write about 1080p.. :-)

br Oleksandr

Then the max resolution for recording and streaming with presentation is w576p and without is w448p.

MM Promotion deceives about HD...:)

Thanks for update!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: