Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCS Remove "Recording" black screen

Hi all,

I've just integrated a TCS to our environment.

But while recording, I see black screen with characters "Recording" .

How can I stop receiving this from TCS?

(We dial E.164 number of TCS from MCU to create recordings.)

MCU5320 4.5(1.45)

VCS-C  X8.2.1

TCS 6.0

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Has to be muted each time, we do this in TMS when scheduling the recordings/conferences, so the TCS video is muted when the session(s) starts.

This has to be done either on the MCU itself or, as we do it, through TMS - and no, you cannot permanently turn off the recording screen on the TCS. We brought this up with Cisco a long time ago as there is no way to mute the TCS video unless a MCU is involved. We're using second generation TCS v5.3 by the way.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

You should be able to mute the TCS video, we can do that on the 4520 so I would be surprised if you're unable to do it on the 5320. When video is muted you'll only see a red dot indicating it is being recorded.

/jens

Hi Jens,

Thank you for your reply!

You mean we can mute video from TCS manually on 5320 every time we start recording?

But we don't want to do that because it takes time.

In addition we didn't need such procedure when we used IP-VCR.

Isn't it possible to never send "Recording" screen from TCS ?

Best Regards,

Kotaro

Has to be muted each time, we do this in TMS when scheduling the recordings/conferences, so the TCS video is muted when the session(s) starts.

This has to be done either on the MCU itself or, as we do it, through TMS - and no, you cannot permanently turn off the recording screen on the TCS. We brought this up with Cisco a long time ago as there is no way to mute the TCS video unless a MCU is involved. We're using second generation TCS v5.3 by the way.

/jens

As Jens mentions, if you use TMS, you can set the "Connection Settings" of the conference to mute the video of the TCS participant.  Once the conference starts, TMS will tell the MCU to connect the TCS with it's video muted automatically, no user intervention is required.

If you're making these connections yourself on the MCU, when you add the TCS to the conference on the "Add Participant" page or if you've added the TCS as a stored endpoint in the MCU's endpoint list, you can set if you want the video to be muted when it connects in the options.  Take a look at the MCU 5300 Online Help on pg 111, see "Initial video to MCU".

There is an old feature request (CSCty83791) to be able to mute the video from the TCS without the need of using an MCU, you could try and bring this up to your Cisco Account Manager.

This question has been answered before in these forums - see here and here.

We do it here the same way as Jens and Patrick have suggested.  Although we do it a bit more automatically.

The "recording alias" that we dial is actally another conference on the MCU where there is a pre-configured "guest" participant of the actual TCS recording alias, with the video from that pre-configured participant (The TCS recording screen) muted.

The conference is set to invite pre-configured particiapnts when at least one other participant is present and to disconnect all participants when only guests remain.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you Jens, Patrick, Wayne!

I understand we can't stop TCS to send "Recording" screen permanently.

So we save TCS's recording alias as a pre-configured H.323 endpoint, setting "Initial video to MCU" = "mute" on our MCU for now.

Anyway who will be glad if they see "Recording" black screen on their display?

I can't understand why Cisco designed such function...

Regards,

Kotaro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: