Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCS resolution issues

Hello All!,

I have been looking at some of our TCS recording and many of them are in odd resolutions (960x540, 1024x567 and so on).  I cant find a way to lock resolutions.  All of our endpoints use pretty much the same resolution so it is odd that it is being recorded this way.  Anyone know a way of locking down the resolution? 

Thanks

Liam McDonough

Senior Conferencing and Collaborations Engineer

Vistaprint

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi William,

I think that, in a common configuration, to record a call with main video 1280x720p30 and presentation 1280x720p5, more than 2Mb may be required, not sure exactly the value.

But this is something you could try:

For TC Endpoints, you can reduce the amount of bandwidth required by configuring the optimal definition profile. See this table:

optimal-definition-profile.png

The profile medium can reduce 25% of the bandwith consumption, and the High profile can reduce up to 50%. You could try to set the medium or high profile in your endpoints, as well as increase the actual bandwidth configured (768Kbps) and do some tests to see if you get a higher resolution even when sharing presentation.

Be aware that, the optiomal profile medium requires a room with good light conditions, whereas the High profile requires a room with xcelent light conditions. You can find further information on optimal definition profile in the Administrator Guide of your TC endpoint.

I am sure about one thing, 768 is not enough to have 720p plus presentation! And I think that, without configuring optimal definition profile, more than 2Mb will be required to record main video 720p30 and presentation 720p.

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Can you tell me if these recordings with the "odd" resolutions have someone sharing a presentation in it?

What are the normal resolutions you would expect?

In the recordings where the resolution is "as expected" is there a presentation being shared during the recording?

/Magnus

Most recordings do have presentations.  I would expect a resolution on 1024X768 or 1280X720 or a pair down of either 4:3or 16:9 but these resolutions showing up aren't in normal aspect ratios either.  My goal is to have everything recorded at its native resolution in the highest def possible.

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Wiliam,

In addition, are you talking about multipoint conferences that have been recorded? What is the MCU involved? What is the amount of bandwidth between MCU and TCS?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Bandwidth from the bridge to TCS is 2meg  though this is happening on calls and when someone is just using one unit to record a video for something else.  This seems to occur everywhere.

The bandiwitdh between endpoints and TCS when recording directly a single unit is 2Mb too, right? What is the resolution of the presentation?

Paulo Souza

It is only limited by how the default settings on the unit .  After testing usually they were connecting at 768 but I can set it higher and when I do I still get odd resolutions, just larger ones.

William McDonough

Hi William,

I think that, in a common configuration, to record a call with main video 1280x720p30 and presentation 1280x720p5, more than 2Mb may be required, not sure exactly the value.

But this is something you could try:

For TC Endpoints, you can reduce the amount of bandwidth required by configuring the optimal definition profile. See this table:

optimal-definition-profile.png

The profile medium can reduce 25% of the bandwith consumption, and the High profile can reduce up to 50%. You could try to set the medium or high profile in your endpoints, as well as increase the actual bandwidth configured (768Kbps) and do some tests to see if you get a higher resolution even when sharing presentation.

Be aware that, the optiomal profile medium requires a room with good light conditions, whereas the High profile requires a room with xcelent light conditions. You can find further information on optimal definition profile in the Administrator Guide of your TC endpoint.

I am sure about one thing, 768 is not enough to have 720p plus presentation! And I think that, without configuring optimal definition profile, more than 2Mb will be required to record main video 720p30 and presentation 720p.

Paulo Souza

The table above does not consider presentation.

Paulo Souza

Thanks Paulo, looks like I need more bandwidth!