Views
Helpful
Replies

TCS Ver6 Can't Play The recorded Videos from GUI Browser

hisham fawzy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dears,

I have TCS server version 6 and it have been registered to its VCS and the recorded calls saved into categories successfully but i can't open or play the recorded videos from browser and the error msg is "Can't play the recording.An error has occurred " as per the attachment.

please Advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

i_gamaunov
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue. I opened the case in Cisco TAC one week ago without success in solution, in my case the videos can play only in flash mode in all the possible new version of browsers - firefox, IE, chrome, safari. Silverlight and quicktime doesn't work.

The quality of the recorded video is very bad.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

i_gamaunov
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue. I opened the case in Cisco TAC one week ago without success in solution, in my case the videos can play only in flash mode in all the possible new version of browsers - firefox, IE, chrome, safari. Silverlight and quicktime doesn't work.

The quality of the recorded video is very bad.

Hello gamaunov

As per the attachment, i will try to download the previous versions of IE and i hope to solve it

We use IE9, various version of Firefox up to the most recent version, and even Chrome at times, all work without issue.  The documented supported browsers are quite old than what is currently available now, but I've never had any issue with the current browsers with the exception of Firefox at times to view windows media videos in the WM legacy player.

In my case video streaming work only with flash via http, not https, silverlight, quicktime and windows media doesn't work. When I try to check it says that windows media or quicktime is not installed, but it is not right. I tried to retranscode video, but it didn't help, and the quality of the video is very bad. I'm recording video conference session. 

As per the bug I linked to previously in this thread (CSCtt01659), and discussed in another thread (TCS web access https), things don't work over HTTPS, you need to use HTTP.

I've used all version of IE (since IE8) to access mine and not had any issues.  Firefox 28 works well too.

In the case of the errors about not installed - WIndows Media Player / Quicktime / Silverlight / etc that it's complaining about need to be installed on the computer you're trying to view the video from regardless of whether they're on the server or not.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne

As per the attached file i have been checked on for example flash and it give me that flash not installed on your computer although flash player installed 

You're still using HTTPS. Try with HTTP.
Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Ok Wayne i will try it

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you tried to re-transcode the recording, by unselecting the outputs, save, wait a minute and reselect the desired output again?

Are you trying to play windows media or flash videos?

Are you using the built in streaming server on the TCS, or an external server?

Is this just for on demand videos, or are live stream videos affected to?

Hello Patrick

I have been tried to play through windows media and flash but when i click on check button it give me message that the flash or media player not installed on my machine.

as per the attachment are you click on re-transcode button ? what is the function on this check box ?

While a live stream is going, the TCS server transcodes the recoding, this output can sometimes not be the best quality, the purpose to re-transcode a live output is to possibly make a better copy of the video available to view.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is an issue with playback when connected via HTTPS (which you are by your screenshot).  See Bug CSCtt01659 - "When HTTPS is used to view Content Server pages, users will not be able to view content in Silverlight and Flash players."

Have you tried connecting via HTTP instead?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Great catch Wayne, I didn't notice. smiley