Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCS. Watching Recordings from an Endpoint

Hi,       

In admin quide I see next “ …Playback from endpoints is available for H.323 and interworking calls only, with a maximum of two calls per Content Server”

Its mean only 2 endpoints simultaneously watch same record or only 2 endpoints can watching different recordings at the same time?

Br Oleksandr

br Oleksandr
Everyone's tags (2)
7 REPLIES

Hi Oleksandr,

that is correct. And be aware that the 2 playback ports also counts for live streaming, so if you're running a live streaming from you TCS - you will have one playback port left.

The solution to obtain more playback capacity would be more TCS's - for ease of use, with a Clustering license on top.

Kind regards

Peter Baltzer

Consultant Chief

Atea Denmark A/S

Would say the use of the TCS as a playback server it clearly has its limitations, just look at the scaling factor.

The IP-VCR might be an option, but thats already in the upcoming EOL list. It lists a replacement which

is the TCS, ...

For me its sad to see that there are some producte (also like the ip-gw) which are set EOL without

a proper replacment by a new product.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

the IP-VCR wasn't really a good live streaming server either. From Cisco's portfolio I would look into the Show&Share solution if live streaming is the main game.

Kind regards

Peter Baltzer

Consultant Chief

Atea Denmark A/S

Yea, Oleksandr asked for the endpoint playback, and I would say this would be something for the IP-VCR whic

I do not see properly matched in any other non EOL Product.

Guess some streamlining does not harm and I guess its dependent on the amount of customers asking for such

a feature, ...

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin , Peter

Do you agree with EOL for E20?

br Oleksandr

br Oleksandr

Hi Oleksandr,

I've heard it'll be EOL - and I'm sorry they choose to discontinue this very nice product.

Brgds

Peter

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content