Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Conductor not registering on CUCM

I am trying to setup 1 Telepresence server under a Telepresence Conductor but when I create a Conference bridge pointing to the ad-hoc IP address setup on the Conductor, the CUCM show registration "Unknown" and IP address "Unknown". In other words the Telepresence Conductor do not register as an ad-hoc conference bridge under the CUCM

• The CUCM is in version 9.1,
  • The TS in version 4.0
  • And the Conductor in version 2.4.1 (Conductor Essential version - the free version limited to 1 TS)

Because the CUCM is in version 9.1 I looked at both manuals :

Both the CUCM servers (all servers) and the Conductor have their certs certified by the same Trust CA which certificate is uploaded in the Conductor trust CA and the CUCMs CallManager-trust certificates. So there should not be any certificate issue.

The Conductor and Telepresence Server config seems OK. The Conductor shows the Telepresence Server as Active on the Conference Bridge.

I created on the CUCM an encrypted SIP trunk security profile, with the name of the Telepresence Conductor as it appears in the cert (note that depending on the docs it says to put here the name of the CUCMs...) as they appear on the certs in the "X.509 Subject Name".

And created the conference bridge with

• Bridge Type = Cisco Telepresence MCU
  • the destination IP address setup as the Conductor ad-hoc IP address
  • MCU Conference Bridge SIP Port = 5061 (in older docs it says 5060 but doesn't make a difference)
  • SIP Trunk Security Profile = The secured profile I created
  • SIP Profile = Standard SIP Profile For TelePresence Conference
  • Normalization Script Info - Script = telepresence-conductor-interop (which I downloaded from Cisco site)

I tried to look at the CallManager logs using RTMT but didn't found much (don't know exactly where to look though).

In the SDL logs I found that message: "No registered Device found in this node" regarding the conductor device name

18 Replies 18

Hi Helawamry,

To kind of close the loop on this and possibly resolve your issue, HTTPS usage with conductor as a MRG does not yet work - in CUCM 10.5.1 you could set it to HTTP then flip it to HTTPS and it would show as registered but still be using in HTTP.  This was corrected in 10.5.2 and now correctly does not allow you to mask this issue by flipping it to HTTPS (it was never HTTPS). 

The actual fix is still pending release in CUCM 11, See the following defect for more information:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut10254

More detailed information can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/118964-technote-cucm-00.html

-Jonathan

Tomcat is where the conductor is connecting. I need to test mine with https though. I am interested to see how it works.

Cisco documentation is also missing one point.

To get this work, on the TP endpoint themsleves, inside Configuration > System COnfiguration > Conference, the Multipoint Mode (which is set as default to Multisite has to be changed to CUCMMediaResourceGroupList.

Chuck Smith
Level 1
Level 1

I am also having this same issue with a new BE6K deployment with 10.5. The conference bridge will not register at all.