cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Conductor + Server without encryption?

I'm starting to have a bit of a play in our test environent with the free Conductor OVA and Telepresence Server.

Reading through the Conductor 2.2 deployment guide, it mentions encryption keys + SIP TLS as "required" quite alot.  As our test environment doesn't have the encryption key on the Telepresence Server, is it possible to run Conductor + TP server in non-secure mode if we don't have the key, or is it an absolute requirement to have it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its a 0 dollar item, so unless you are in a non-encrypted country that should be an easy fix.

I never tried it without, one point can be that its using the api via https, that would

fail on your box. Not sure about the sip encryption, but sure that could also be a show

stopper, especially for the b2bua mode.

Sure you can try it and sure report your success, but please dont ask if it does not work

the best way: get a key if possible

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its a 0 dollar item, so unless you are in a non-encrypted country that should be an easy fix.

I never tried it without, one point can be that its using the api via https, that would

fail on your box. Not sure about the sip encryption, but sure that could also be a show

stopper, especially for the b2bua mode.

Sure you can try it and sure report your success, but please dont ask if it does not work

the best way: get a key if possible

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi All,

I have installed Telepresence Server on Virtual Machine version 4.x. Could anyone tell me how I can get Demo/free Encryption key/Screen license for vTS?

Actually I just want to test in our Lab.

Thanks

Hi,

You would need to speak with your Cisco Account team regarding temporary licenses for the TPS.

-Jonathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: