Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Exchange - Study Roadmap

remi-reszka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am going to be assigned to a Telepresence project with use of Telepresence Echange Server, Multipoint Switch, Telepresence Manager and of course some video end points but have no information on that yet. The overall design is that all the solution components will be hosted on a private cloud.

I was wondering if anybody could give me, from your experience, the best study path o roadmap of all the components that could enable me to have good knowledge on this technology.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Remi

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hii,

My name is Mubashshir from Telepresence support team. I would say that whenever you start studying about any technology, you should start from its base first. I think the best path to this as well would be to go from its base.

Start studying about the endpoints and protocols that actually make videoconferencing take place. Once you get the concept as to how the endpoints work, it would be easy for you to climb the ladder and study about the Telepresence Manager and the Multipoint switch.

Hence first identify the endpoints you would be working with. Once you know that, get the administrative guides for those endpoints and understand how they work. Next you can study the Multipoint switch, etc.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

View solution in original post

Hi Remi,

There are specialization  certification available right now, which are meant for Telepresence Endpoint, CTMS etc.

Check following link:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le41/le79/video_certifications/telepresence_solutions/learning_certification_type_home_extra_level.html

which include following certification code: 642-185 ITSI

Cisco Press

A variety of Cisco Press titles may be useful reference for this specialization. These titles can be purchased through the Cisco Marketplace Bookstore,or directly from Cisco Press.

If you check following link:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6480

this include details about course, and i think this certification will be great help to you.

Regards,

Vivek

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hii,

My name is Mubashshir from Telepresence support team. I would say that whenever you start studying about any technology, you should start from its base first. I think the best path to this as well would be to go from its base.

Start studying about the endpoints and protocols that actually make videoconferencing take place. Once you get the concept as to how the endpoints work, it would be easy for you to climb the ladder and study about the Telepresence Manager and the Multipoint switch.

Hence first identify the endpoints you would be working with. Once you know that, get the administrative guides for those endpoints and understand how they work. Next you can study the Multipoint switch, etc.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

Thanks very much for all the suggestions. In regards to certifications/specializations, what would you recommend to start with?

Remi

Hi Remi,

There are specialization  certification available right now, which are meant for Telepresence Endpoint, CTMS etc.

Check following link:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le41/le79/video_certifications/telepresence_solutions/learning_certification_type_home_extra_level.html

which include following certification code: 642-185 ITSI

Cisco Press

A variety of Cisco Press titles may be useful reference for this specialization. These titles can be purchased through the Cisco Marketplace Bookstore,or directly from Cisco Press.

If you check following link:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6480

this include details about course, and i think this certification will be great help to you.

Regards,

Vivek

Hi Vivek,

That sounds really good. Thank you so much for your effort.

Best regards,

Remi

Hi Remi,

No Problem

Regards,

Vivek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: