Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence management suit call process

Hi,

We'll install a TMS and we currently have CUCM, 2 Telepresence servers, Telepresence Conductor, Expressway, Voice gateway with PRI and SX80 and MX700

My though is to add the telepresence conductor only to TMS so it could control the resources for any scheduled conference

But I found error that telepresence conductor bridges not found in TMS. And If I add them, I got another error stating that they are already managed by the TC!

What is the best way then ? and I see that I can add the CUCM with its endpoints. Is the endpoints register itself with the TMS instead of the cucm ?

Finally, What is the alias required that need to match with the one on the TC ? why TMS could need it ?

If you could help describe the call process in brief, it'll be much more help

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When booking a conference, you select the endpoints you want to be as participants.
Endpoints in your case could be endpoints that are CUCM managed you would have added into TMS, refer to the "Booking" section of the TMS admin guide as it explains everything related to booking conferences in TMS.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the Conductor with Cisco TMS Deployment Guide (XC3.0 with TMS 14.6), it goes over adding Conductor and it's conference bridges into TMS, as well as configuring conference aliases in both Conductor and TMS.  Regarding the Conductor alias being added into TMS, TMS requires this so it can schedule conferences and use that alias and must match what is configured in Conductor.  I also recommend you take a look at the CMR Premises Deployment Guide Release 7.0 - Primary (for Unified CM).

When you add CUCM to TMS as a managed system, you can then add it's endpoints into TMS so they can be scheduled in conferences, refer to the "Adding Unified CM and Registered Endpoints" section in the TMS Admin Guides.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply

I see these words

If  a  user  does  not  have  a  Personal  CMR,  they  consume  SMP  licenses  for  any  scheduled  or  ad  hoc  conferences
they  initiate.
If  a  user  has  a  Personal  CMR,  they  consume  a  PMP

What CMR mean for a user ?

Collaboration Meeting Rooms, CMR for short is a feature of TMSPE which is configured in TMS.

All conferences, regardless of it being ad hoc, scheduled, or someone's personal CMR (provisioned via TMSPE) needs to be licensed.  With multiparty licensing, you have PMP (Personal) which licences a user to host conferences, and SMP (Shared) which licenses anyone.  CMRs can utilize either PMP or SMP, it depends on whichever multiparty license type you've purchased, and or the quantity you have avalaible.

Great explanation 

Thanks again Patrick 

sorry I have a final ask :)

I see when scheduling a meeting, we select a Room

what is this 'Room' mean ?

is it an endpoint a DX, EX, or SX80 , SX20

and where I add it ? Is it added as an endpoint on TMS and then called a Room ?

thanks again

When booking a conference, you select the endpoints you want to be as participants.
Endpoints in your case could be endpoints that are CUCM managed you would have added into TMS, refer to the "Booking" section of the TMS admin guide as it explains everything related to booking conferences in TMS.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: