cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Motion

Matt Crosby
Level 1
Level 1

I am running a Cisco DX-650 with Anyconnect VPN going to an ASA. From there, the DX-650 registers with CUCM. The DX-650's call into an EX-90 telepresence.

Calls in house are fine. Perfect, actually. However, through the VPN they are spotty. What I mean by spotty is that sometimes they work beautifully. When they don't work, it is a weird instance. This is what happens:

The video/audio feed will freeze upon movement. I had a coworker stand out of the picture on the EX-90. The audio and video worked perfectly. As soon as he stepped into the video, the video and audio stream froze. I had them sit in front of the EX-90 and not move (autoanswer on the EX-90). The audio and video worked perfectly until I asked him to move. The audio and video stream once again froze. I've never seen this before.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

epicolo
Level 3
Level 3

Sniff the call at both sides to check if the ASA is not closing the media channels (it is UDP, you need to check if it is leaves one side an arrives at the other), and also check the signaling on CUCM using RTMT.

Try to do an extended ping from the EX to the DX to check if the ping have some impact.

If you VPN connection have some load balance, maybe is balanced per packet an this can lead to call disruption.

Regards

Elter

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

epicolo
Level 3
Level 3

Sniff the call at both sides to check if the ASA is not closing the media channels (it is UDP, you need to check if it is leaves one side an arrives at the other), and also check the signaling on CUCM using RTMT.

Try to do an extended ping from the EX to the DX to check if the ping have some impact.

If you VPN connection have some load balance, maybe is balanced per packet an this can lead to call disruption.

Regards

Elter