Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Telepresence reduandancy

Dear All

I am still a beginer in telepresnence and i have some questions as following below :

i have two VCS controll (the second one for reduandancy) , and two VCS expressway (the second one for reduandancy) , MCU and TMS , with endpoints CTS dual 50 tandberg 2000, 3000 , and desktop video conference

My questions :

1) regarding VCS controll and expressway reduandancy , how the design it will be between them ?

2) how the traversezone/zones it will be between VCS's ...and between MCU amd TMS ?

3) what is the most important things i have to know about it ? what the best design shall i concern based on these items ?

thanks and regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The most common scenario

The most common scenario would be to use clustering for redundancy purposes. You don't say which software version(s) your VCS-C/VCS-E are running, but go here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/telepresence-video-communication-server-vcs/products-installation-and-configuration-guides-list.html and choose the "VCS Cluster Creationn and Maintenance Guide" relevant to your deployment.

It's all there in the deployment guide. smiley

Traversal zone is only relevant between the VCS-C and the VSC-E, neither MCU nor TMS comes into it as far as tz goes.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

1 REPLY

The most common scenario

The most common scenario would be to use clustering for redundancy purposes. You don't say which software version(s) your VCS-C/VCS-E are running, but go here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/telepresence-video-communication-server-vcs/products-installation-and-configuration-guides-list.html and choose the "VCS Cluster Creationn and Maintenance Guide" relevant to your deployment.

It's all there in the deployment guide. smiley

Traversal zone is only relevant between the VCS-C and the VSC-E, neither MCU nor TMS comes into it as far as tz goes.

/jens

Views
Helpful
Replies