cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TelePresence Software Version

JS
Level 1
Level 1

Like to check on the software version for Telepresence Model.

What is the difference between non-encrypted and encrypted version?

I understand previously when i configured the SX20 / EX series, it used to come TC 6.X encrypted version. Now Cisco has changed it to non-encrypted version.

Is there any changes to this?

Can someone enlighten me.

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I do not fully understand your question.

Is it about new systems or about software upgrades?

New system: You should get what you order and whats allowed in your country

Upgrade: this depends on what you download but anyhow you need the right release key for the software.

The software/key is easy to identify, if its TC its with encryption, if its TCNC its the unencrypted one.

s52011tcnc6_3_0.pkg is the unencrypted version for the sx20

The difference is that the unencrypted version does not support encryption.

Like ssh, https, sips, encrypted media, ...

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

thank for your explanation.

In response to your answer, yes its a new system.

So you are saying that, if the system is come with the TC (Non-Encryption) and this mean that actually i can go download the encryption software to change using the right release key.

Am i right in this way?

hi,

For every software release, there is always an encryted version and also a non-encryted version cause of requirements in some countries where encryption is not allowed.

If you have ordered the encryted version, the codec should be shipped with the encrypted version loaded.

If your codec has a non-encryted version loaded now somehow, and encrypted software is allow to be used in your country, then you need a release key for the encryted version for you to load the encrypted version to the codec.

For release key issues, you can check with the cisco licensing team.  As long as you have a contract, you should be able to get a key.