cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Suggestion: Auto-wake on presentation source detect improvement

javinodr1
Level 1
Level 1

I found that the new auto-wake on detected presentation source introduced in the TC7 software version is stopping me from improving our meeting rooms.

I would like to move away from having 1 vga cable for Cisco and 1 for direct connection to projector, and instead only have 1 HDMI cable that sends signals to both, using a HDMI splitter.

But that won't work, as this new auto-wake function wakes up the video system from standby even if people are only going to use the projector.

Why am i not just running all presentations through the video systems, you may ask?

Well, a lot of people do not like having a camera turned on them when they are just going to present something, but not use video conferencing.

And adding a expensive crestron system for a simple small meeting room is not an option.

So the suggestion:  Give us an option to turn off the auto-wake on presentation source connect.

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you tried setting the Presentation Selection setting to Manual rather than Automatic?

That way the endpoint won't wake up when the presentation source is connected, but will then only show the presentation when someone clicks the presentation button on the remote/touch panel.

xConfiguration Video Input Source 3 PresentationSelection: Manual

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi,

This behaviour will change in the TC7.3 release in that, if you have this config for your presentation source:

xConfiguration Video Input Source 3 PresentationSelection: Manual

The codec will not wake up when the source is connected or signal detected.

All other config will still wakes up the codec.

Regards