cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence VCS and CUCM Integration

cstcorpsk
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way for CUCM registered Video endpoint  to be able to call a Video endpoint on a VCS? 

The setup is as follows: TP VCS in US and another VCS in Europe. A standalone CUCM in a US site need to be able to call either a video endpoint in US or Europe.  The CUCM has SIP trunks to both VCS and corresponding route patterns. The problem is both US and Europe Video endpoints have extensions in 1XXX series, so its hard to have a single route pattern for each trunk.  Its like adding a route pattern for every Video endpoint.  Is there a better solution so that CUCM can figure out which VCS to route the call too dynamically by using Expressway or something similar to Gatekeeper. Any suggestions or recommendations is greatly appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Hello,
If you want use same extensions 1xxx for your VC-endpoint , you may read about CSS and Partititons in CUCM , use translation patterns, add/remove VCS site code.
Another way is use domain routing.
we need more information about your configuration for right advice.

Thanks for the response.  It was not exactly overlapping extensions but random assignments across the two sites that it was difficult to have just 2-4 patterns to define the routes over the SIP trunk to VCS. It was as though we have to build the individual routes for each end points and point to the specific trunk.  I was trying to find a solution to avoid have a route pattern for every single device, which makes it hard to maintain when you add an additional device at either of these VCS locations.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thanks for your suggestion. I did look at the guide and other design guides before posting it.

cstcorpsk
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to all of you for the responses.  I have not found a solution that I was looking for - which is dynamic lookup of the destination and route thru the appropriate SIP trunks to VCS.  They are all part of the same exact domain, so domain routing is also not a option. However, I am trying to do a minimal rearrangement of the extensions of the video end points on the VCS, so its a contiguous set of numbers. This will provide more predictability where each device resides and also minimal route patterns for the SIP trunks.  

Appreciate your suggestions and feedback.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: