Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TelePresencing without Server

I understand you can establish communication between two EX-90s without using a server (CUCM or VCS). Which other Cisco TelePresence endpoints can also be used for point-to-point communications without including a server. I'm suspecting MX200 and Quick Set will do.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kelvin

Its easy

Default Call Protocol: H323

H323 Profile: Mode-Direct

you can try dial IP address

br. Oleksandr

View solution in original post

Kevin,  Yes you can connect 2, C20 using only IP addresses.

Out of the box the C20 will get IP addresses from a DHCP server.

The C20 defaults to require a Gatekeeper, so you need to configure it to DIRECT mode:

Advanced Configuration -> H323 -> NAT -> Profile 1 -> CallSetup -> Mode: (Change to)DIRECT

Then dial  the other C20 IP address.

//Robert

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you can do point to point calls without beeing registered to an infrastructure device.

There are also free sip proxies (like opensips) or gatekeeper (like gnu gatekeeper).

But this requires quite some knowlege.

The VCS (and CUCM as well) is great, well documented and supported, so if you think

about firewall traversal, uri dialing, external communication or enterprise grade support

you should think about investigating that as well (like a vcs expressway starter pack).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Can I do a multipoint or point to point connection using 3 Codec C40's without a gatekeeper or sip proxy? All the C40s have been licensed for multipoint transcoding yet all the documentation i read suggest that I need a gatekeeper or a sip proxy in order to make calls. The devices are linked by a Metro-E WAN connection as well.

Yes

You can use IP adress for call. Your mode is H323 direct.

br. Oleksandr

From the answers I am not yet sure whether I can establish video communications between two (2) Cisco TelePresence Quick Set C20 systems without using a server. Please help me with more specific question.

Hi Kelvin

Its easy

Default Call Protocol: H323

H323 Profile: Mode-Direct

you can try dial IP address

br. Oleksandr

Kevin,  Yes you can connect 2, C20 using only IP addresses.

Out of the box the C20 will get IP addresses from a DHCP server.

The C20 defaults to require a Gatekeeper, so you need to configure it to DIRECT mode:

Advanced Configuration -> H323 -> NAT -> Profile 1 -> CallSetup -> Mode: (Change to)DIRECT

Then dial  the other C20 IP address.

//Robert

I want to link three (3) Edge 95 MXP endpoints without using a server. Can they all attend the same meeting (multisite) at the same time from different locations? Please give a brief explanation.

I look forward to your responce.

Hi Kelvin

Yes its work.
Your Edge95MXP must have multisite option. Its option is activate internal «mcu» for Edge95 (4video+3audio participants)

You need have multisite option minimum for one of your Edge.

Br Oleksandr

Thanks for the useful information. However, I still got more questions.

The description for the CTS-EDGE95-K9 says Edge95MXP w/ 1 mic, NPP, MS, 512kbps ISDN 2 Mbps IP, PHDCam. To me it suggests that the multisite option is included and needs not to be purchased separately. Please confirm if I am right.

Also on the video standards option we have:

CTS-NTSC                                  CTS-NTSC for Edge MXP

CTS-PAL                                    PAL Option for Edge MXP

I am not sure which one to choose. May you please explain the significancy of these and the criteria I should use to choose.

Yes, you right.

For CTS-Edge95-K9 - MS(multisite) is included and no needs to be purchased separately.

NTSC or PAL is option for your analog TV standart

NTSC - for USA

PAL - for more other countries

br. Oleksandr