Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS 13.2 // Problem with Extend Mode

Stefan Walter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The TMS Software suite have a new option (coming with 13.2) that allow the conference master to extend a conference via endpoint prompt.

The conference is started and works fine.

The Endpoint got a message that the meeting can be extended by 15 minutes.

If we press "OK" to extend our meeting the conference isn't extended.

We checked this with following Endpoints:

MXP 6000 mit Software F9.1PAL

TANDBERG MAESTRO mit Software F9.0.2PAL  und  F.9.1.2 PAL

Thanks and regards,

Stefan

12 Replies 12

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do have the 'Extend Mode' set to when Booking?

Automatic Best Effort enables  automatic extension of scheduled conferences by 15 minutes up to a  maximum of 16 times. The meeting extension will only happen if there is at least 1  participant still connected, and there are no conflicting meetings for  any of the participants or the MCU within the next 15 minutes.

Hi Dale,

first of all thanks for your fast reply.

The "Extend Mode" is set to : Endpoint pompt

Both endpoint are in conference and are not in conflict with another conference schelduled on the same time.

Also we get the message, that we can extended the conference by pressing "OK" but nothing happens.

Set it to Automatic Best Effort, re-test and I believe that will solve your challenge Keep in mind, only the 'master' of the conference can extend the conference.

Hello Dale,

Now I tested this with our customer. We scheduled a conference over TMS and set it to Automatic Best Effort.

Then the conference is automatically extended.

>> But is not the challenge.

We want to extend the conference if necessary. So we testet it again with.

>>scheduled a conference and setup the extend mode to Endpoint prompt.

>> we got the message on the Endpoint but nothing happen. The conference will not be extended.

For this our customer will provide me the TMS Logfiles. Then we can look closer...

regards,

Stefan

And that is the master? Meaning only the master of the conference can extend the meeting.

Is this still the case with TMS 14.5 ? I mean that only the master endpoint of the conference can extend the meeting ?

Because, I'm sorry to say that but this is a very poor design idea. Because how do you know who's the master? I read somewhere that it was the first endpoint listed in the invite... Go an explain that to the end user.

I hope that in new version any endpoint can extend the meeting if resources are available.

Hello Matthieu -

You are correct, only the master endpoint can extend the conference.  In regards to who the master is, it should be listed in the booking invite email.

I suggest if this is a feature you really want, contact your Cisco Account Manager and have them file a feature request on your behalf.

If you use the TMS Booking interface you can select which participant will be the master during the booking process (see attached screenshot)

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for the answer but we are advertising the TMS booking system to our users. Not really user friendly. The whole thing need to be kept simple and transparent. We can't say use TMS web interface to book your video conference meetings and Outlook for you regular meetings. So we are trying to have everything done throught Outlook.

Thanks for the answer. This is not good news. I don't quite get the design idea behind it. Not really user friendly.

At least we should have the option in the conference configuration to choose between two modes (only master can request extension or any participant can request).l will double check with Cisco.

Stefan Walter
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, it is the master in conference-

And there are no conflicting meetings for any of the participants or the MCU within the next 15 minutes? If not, then yes, collect the logs, etc as well as maybe a trace between the master and TMS so has to see exactly what's being communicated between the two. The conference log from CCC would be good to see as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: