cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS 14.4.2 and Polycom HDX 8000 V3.1.5

Darren McKinnon
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Polycom HDX 8000 running Release - 3.1.5-5568 in my mainly Cisco environment that has stopped sending connection details to my TMS server running 14.4.2.  I'm not certain if it happened after upgrading to 14.4.2 but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions how to reinitiate this communications?  I could purge it from TMS and see if that helps, but I want to do that as a last option.

Darren

7 Replies 7

deeptiswain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Darren,

What is the status of the endpoint shown in the TMS now? Is it No HTTP/HTTPS response error? Have you checked to make sure all the required ports are opened and communication through them is proper? You need the following ports opened:

HTTP: TCP: 80: Inbound
HTTPS: TCP: 443: Inbound
HTTP: TCP: 80: Outbound
SNMP: UDP: 161: Inbound
API: TCP: 24: Inbound

If everything is opened and still you see these errors please collect a wireshark trace on the TMS when you do a force refresh on the polycom, what do you see in the traces?

Regards,

-Deepti

Hi Darren,

We've had no issues here with our Polycom HDXs talking to TCS 14.4.2 following an upgrade - so it's not likely that it was the upgrade that broke it.

In addition to the ports listed by Deepti above, you'll also need port 3601 inbound to TMS from the endpoint for the Polycom Phonebook/Directory Service (assuming you provision phonebooks to the endpoint).

One thing you could try would be to Enforce the Management Settings from TMS to the endpoint.  Open up endpoint in TMS, click Settings, then click Edit Settings, check the management server settings are the correct IP or domain name, and finally click the Enforce Management Settings button.

If you're using a domain name for the management address, check that the endpoint has a valid DNS server defined so it can resolve the server's address to communicate to.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

When I do a force refresh on TMS, it all seems to work fine. Before doing this, I checked the management address on the Polycom and it was correct.

Are you doing a "Force Refresh" from the View Settings page, or an "Enforce Management Settings" from the Edit Settings page - it was the latter that I was referring to above.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I meant Enforce Management Settings also.  I just did it again, and made a call from the the Polycom's web interface.  In TMS, when I clicked on the call status of the polycom, it showed that it was in a call, but the status at the top of the TMS navigator page showed Idle.  I clicked Refresh page from within the call status tab, and the Status changed from Idle to In Call.

Then I ended the call in the polycom web interface, and checked the call logs in TMS, and it still does not show up.

On the endpoint are the call logs enabled?

Wayne

My HDX is on the same network as my TMS server, so no worries with regards to the required ports. The Polycom is showing up as Idle all the time in TMS. I'll try the packet capture tomorrow.