Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS 14.4, TMSPE 1.2, and TMSXE 4.0 are now available on cisco.com

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'm happy to announce that TMS 14.4, TMSPE 1.2, and TMSXE 4.0 now are available on cisco.com.

TMS 14.4

TMSPE 1.2

TMSXE 4.0

The deployment guides and other documentation are in the process of being published to the Product Support section of cisco.com; I'll post direct links to them as soon as they as available.

As always, please read the documentation carefully before upgrading production environments to the latest software. smiley

Best regards,
Kjetil

37 Replies 37

Kjetil -

What versions of IE are supported with TMS 14.4, I'm running IE11 in compatibility mode (because of other applications in our organization that require it), and I'm getting the bottom status bar that contains the login name/server time/serial number/server information at the top just below the TMS menu bar.  See attached image.

There seems to be some other strange behavior with IE11 running in this mode as well, with the web interface, doesn't seem to like it.  I didn't have any issue running IT outside of compatibility mode.  Such as System Navigator appearing very small/short on the page, shadows from the system menus when expanding over them are showing in different places off to the side of the actual menu.

Hi,

IE 9 and 10 are supported. 11 generally works, but standards mode is recommended.

-Kjetil

Would be very nice indeed if I could override TMS as far as maximum video calls goes when adding "Room" instead of locking it at "1". sad

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thanks, I'll see about updating IE on my computer, or use Firefox when needing to schedule recurring conferences in the mean time.

Have a question on the redundancy deployment and the URL probing.  I noticed that when the URL isn't probed or visited that in the diagnostics it shows TMSWeb as offline, will that cause TMS to switch to the passive node?  I'm waiting on one of our system admins to check if we can probe the TMS address provided with the NLB, if not, we have another monitoring application that can do it for us.

"[…] when the URL isn't probed or visited that in the diagnostics it shows TMSWeb as offline, will that cause TMS to switch to the passive node? […]"

It won't, at least as long as neither node is being probed. TMS is counting the number of active TMS services + IIS on both nodes, and if one node has more active services than the other, it will be promoted to being active. If no one is probing IIS, and all services are running, it will be 6 vs. 6, and no failover will be initiated.

Regards,
Kjetil

Hello Ree

As a feature request it would have been a good idea to incorporate load balancer functionality within TMS Server which would save additional administrative task of configuring F5 for probing

The functionality i am referring is similar to Polycom CMA 5000 which has inbuilt NLB with end user/endpoint referring to virtual IP which internally probes for active server 

uddinabu1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

During TMS 14.4 installation I am getting the error:

Could not Connect to SQL Server:Login failed for user 'sa'

Please use the login credentials provided by your db team for database "tmsng".The user name should be tmsng

@jigneshjani, the user name is normally 'sa'.

@uddinabu1, are you sure you used the correct credentials, and that the database server is set up to accept remote connections?

Regards,
Kjetil

Now sa account is working.

Looks like 'sa' account was disable.

Thanks for help

davidhouska
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two points for discussion:

1) I have a fresh installation of TMS 14.4 and I receive email notification that "Check for Software Updates" failed even though I disabled it in the Network configuration using "Automatically Check for Updates" set to No. After this I rebooted the TMS server but I receive this email every second day...

2) Do you plan to add support for "new" Polycom endpoints e.g. Group300/500/700?

Thank you.

Ok,

I can find an answer to my second question:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuf16941

But is there any plan to add the support?

Hi David,

1) That's not a known issue, I'll look into it.

2) There are no specific plans to add support for new Polycom endpoints.

Regards,
Kjetil

Hi Kjetil,

1) CSCuq11686 - Cisco TMS checks for software updates, even when Network Settings > Automatically Check for Updates is set to "No".

Regards,
David

I don't suppose there is a bug that states that TMS is not actually very good a checking for updates, even if "Network Settings > Automatically Check for Updates" is set to "Yes"!

See https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12262736/tms-1432-not-downloading-release-keys-vcs-x8x

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: