Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Agent Replication TMS 13.1.2 VCS X6.1

eomjilong
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am setting up Movi but I can't manage to set up TMS Agent replication with VCS Control.

I get a message in the Activity Status log in TMS.

"Unable to enable replication for 'vcs' A DNS lookup of the TMS host name on this VCS does not match the TMS IP address"

I double checked DNS settings and a nslookup from different DNSs succesfully resolves both my VCS Control and TMS addresses.

My DNS service is running on the same network with TMS.

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem?

I followed step by step the TANDBERG's Provisioning Guide but I am stuck in this step.

I will appreciate any help on this.

1 Reply 1

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

First of all, check that the dns configuration is correct on the TMS and the VCS. Do an nslookup of the TMS servers FQDN in the commandline and see if it resolves to the correct ip. Do the same on the VCS (login via SSH as root).

If it resolves correctly, go to the admin tools, config, network settings and check that the IPv4 address and TMS FQDN matches the TMS servers actual settings.

If they match, reboot the TMS server and the VCS and try to re-enable it again. A couple of questions:

Is the TMS server added to a domain?

Is the TMS and the VCS on the same subnet?

Have you enabled replication on this VCS before or has it been working before at all?

Make sure the VCS is tracked by hostname.

If none of this helps you, please raise a TAC case on this.

/Magnus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: