Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS and IBM Lotus Notes Integration

Hi Experts,

We are now doing the integration of TMS and Domino Lotus Notes with the customer and here are some of the gathered information as we do collaboration with the administrator of the Lotus Notes Domino Server and as we run thru the TMS-Lotus Notes deployment guide.

To give you an overview with the current setup/deployment of their Lotus Notes Domino Server:

* Customer currently has a Lotus Domino Hub setup and Domino applications/services are based on the server role. Separate servers per application/services.

-  Where we will install the TMS extension required files to the Lotus Domino server? How TMS will connect to the Lotus Domino Server?

The customer requires a separate Lotus Domino server test environment in order to test the integration first and observe how it works before proceeding to actual integration.

For actual integration, the customer requires separate Lotus Domino server that we will use to integrate it with the TMS. If this will be the setup scenario, does the separate Lotus Domino Server integrated with the TMS can replicate/integrate to the customer's existing Lotus Domino Server? Is this possible?

We clearly understand as we run thru the deployment guide on how to do the steps but we cannot guarantee the possible impacts on their existing system.

Looking forward on your help and support.

Thank you.

Acevirgil

3 Replies 3

aborodai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Acevirgil,

Currently integration package should be installed on windows based Lotus Domino server. You should update few files and java policy, create resource reservation database and agent to trigger updates between Lotus Domino and  TMS.

It is not separate application for windows, but script based addon for Lotus Domino.

Best Regards,

Artem Borodai

Hi Artem,

Thank you for your response.

I have a follow up question, where shoud we install the TMS Extension  for Lotus notes since the customer have many server components (application/server role) and connected to a Domino HUB. In what specific Domino application server should we install the TMS services for Lotus Notes?

Since our customer are required to install the TMS extension on a separate server with Lotus note application and they are not allow us to install it in their production existing Lotus Domino server, is there any  workaround solution that a separate application server which we will  install the TMS Extension module that communicate/sync to their production existing Domino Lotus Note server for resource resevation.

Thank you for your help.

best regards,

Acevirgil

Hi Acevirgil,

I am not a Lotus Notes Domino expert, but from my point of view it should be installed on the same machine as resource reservation database.

I hope this answer will be helpfull for you.

Best Regards,

Artem Borodai