Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Appliance Upgrade

Hi all,

I have a TMS appliance. Its version is 13.0. And I want to upgrade it to the version 13.1.2. First of all, I want to learn if it is possible or not. If it possible, how can I do that? I tried to upgrade by running TMS 13.1.2 exe, and I had an error saying "It is harmful operation" and it didn't allow me to install it. What do you think is the problem?

Regards,

Tufan 

23 Replies 23

Hello,

Again me I nearly completed the provisioning but still have some problems.

-I selected "treat as authenticated" on VCS zone configuration. In that case, I can login but I have problem with presence update on Jabber.

-When I select "check credentials" on the same configuration, it doesn't accept my login attempt. It says "wrong password/username" although they are right. I see it gets the users from the AD.

also I have a question:

-What exactly should I enter for phonebook URL and provisioning URL on the configuration templates? I think I can not enter IP address only. Could you please me an example?

Regards,

Tufan

Hi Tufan

Did you integrate your VCS with Active Directory? If not even though if the users are imported from AD to the provisioning directory the password is generated. By changing the password of one of the users in the directory in TMS you might be able to log in with this. If the VCS is setup correctly you can log in using the AD credentials but there is additional work to set this up.

For the phonebook it depends if you want to get the phonebook from the VCS or the TMS. Usually jabber gets this from the VCS. You then activate the Phonebook Server URI in the config template and type in: phonebook@.

You have to log out and log in once these settings has been applied for them to work.

Did you activate presense server on the VCS? Presence must be authenticated so either check credentials and log in with valid password and username or treat as authenticated.

For the presence server it is: presence@.

/Magnus

Hi,

Actually I don't understand exactly. I integrated the TMS with AD. Still do I need to integrate the VCS with AD?

Regarding phonebook, I asked the question Jabber and the other endpoints which can be provisioned. In case of both situaition (using TMS or VCS as phonebook server) do I need to enter the same URL?

Regards,

It depends on where you are getting your passwords for the user accounts you imported to TMS. If you created passwords in TMS for the users, or you want your users to use their AD credentials to sign in to Jabber. If you do want users to log in with AD credentials, VCS should be integrated with AD

There is more information here -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Authenticating_Devices_Deployment_Guide_X7-1.pdf

jabber will need to be at least 4.2

I want users login with AD credentials. So I don't need to integrate the VCS with AD directly. Actually TMS gets the users from AD. I think it is able to get users' credentials as well. Do I need to also create passwords on TMS for the users imported from AD? If so, can you please show me how to do? Because I see imported users only in "Systems-> Provisioning->Users". I don't see the imported users on TMS under "Adminisrative Tools -> User Administration -> Users". Is it normal?

Anyway, I integrated the VCS with AD. So the registration problem was solved. But still I have the presence problem. I selected authentication setting to "check credentials" but it gives "failed to update presence".

That's odd. Is the "Check Credentials" on the Default Zone, Default SubZone, or any other subzone that the Jabber is put in to?

Ok it was solved. I missed Default Subzone. But it is interesting that I don't see Default Subzone in the Zones. I reached it via the Links. Thanks all again.

No problem. For reference the default subzone is reachable from: VCS configuration > Local Zone > Default Subzone menus.