cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS call booking

eaniefiok
Level 1
Level 1

hello pls , i have an infrastructure comprising: MCU, VCSc, TMS and 5 endpoints. 

now my VCSc wont even come up so i decided to do direct calls on the 5 video kits

but my question is can i do my calls booking from my TMS with IP addresses since 

alias   or sip addresses wont work from the TMS ?

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

You can book your endpoints dialing on IP yes. Just set the systems to Direct call setup instead of gatekeeper.

TMS will book the calls between the endpoints on IP addresses.

/Magnus

hello magnus , ,have been trying to reach you on what i experienced after trying your advice out.

i did tried using the tms but the mcu didnt allow for the multipoint calls, i guess its some line config i need to look at.

the 5 vc kits are unisite so i configured them on the mcu 4505 to allow for multisite calls using the vcs control, now

am able to do P2P after have set all of the 5 kits on direct but initiating a multisite call i noticed that it shows on the

tms that call in progress but not connecting.Dont know if you would like to see the config files of the mcu 4505 and

one of the video kits, 

thanks

hello magnus

i did tried using the tms but the mcu didnt allow for the multipoint calls, i guess its some line config i need to look at.

the 5 vc kits are unisite so i configured them on the mcu 4505 to allow for multisite calls using the vcs control, now am able to do P2P after have set all of the 5 kits on direct but initiating a multisite call i noticed that it shows on the tms that call in progress but not connecting.

Dont know if you would like to see the config files of the mcu 4505 and one of the video kits, 

pls i really need this sorted out, 

thanks 

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

But what is wrong with your VCS? Why don´t you try fixing that so you do not have to do the bookings on IP?

/Magnus

Hi Magnus

have done RMA on the VCSc reason that it wont come just come ON after it slept while in a call session and at these period we really do need video sessions

eaniefiok