Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS confirmation email doesn't show all endpoints/locations

Kristof-1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I  noticed recently that a confirmation email sent by TMS 14.3.2 for scheduled conference doesn't show endpoints not managed directly by TMS.

The endpoints are in the phone book though and it did work in TMS 13.1.

Anything I can do to resolve this?

Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That is because the value <VAL:LOCATION> that is being used by the email template only take into consideration managed systems within TMS.  What I would do, and it's what I've done myself is change that value to <VAL:PARTCIPANT_NAME> which considers a particpant  to be one of the following: video system, external dial in, phonebook entry, the name as stored in Cisco TMS.

Keep in mind if you change the values, you might also need to change the <FOREACH:...> value that surrounds it in the template so that it will repeat for each value that there is.  Some values require something around it, such as a section, or foreach, etc.

Suggest you take a look at either the TMS admin guide or online help about email templates and what some of the tags are and can be put into what template, as some tags are template specific.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That is because the value <VAL:LOCATION> that is being used by the email template only take into consideration managed systems within TMS.  What I would do, and it's what I've done myself is change that value to <VAL:PARTCIPANT_NAME> which considers a particpant  to be one of the following: video system, external dial in, phonebook entry, the name as stored in Cisco TMS.

Keep in mind if you change the values, you might also need to change the <FOREACH:...> value that surrounds it in the template so that it will repeat for each value that there is.  Some values require something around it, such as a section, or foreach, etc.

Suggest you take a look at either the TMS admin guide or online help about email templates and what some of the tags are and can be put into what template, as some tags are template specific.

I changed the <FOREACH:> to PARTICIPANT and the <VAL:> to PARTICIPANT_NAME and I can see the other endpoints in the confirmation emails now.

Many thanks for help!