Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS contact still showing up in phonebook

Hi there. I have a contact that no longer exists. I deleted it from our phonebook yesterday.  If I log into Jabber, it still shows up, if I use a codec it does not.  Am I missing somthing or is this just a cache issue and it may eventually disappear?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vivekksi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rhonda,

I think it might be taking from history, could you try clearing history and check whether that take care of this issue.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please always mention the version numbers used and details about your deployment (here especially which

kind of provisioning is used, some more info about the phonebooks, screenshots ...)

Did you check that the proviioning replication in between the TMS and the VCS  is ok?

Sure that there is not an other phonebook where this entry might be present?

Sure that its not a favorite or a recent contact showing up on that jabbervideo client, ...?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks

We had a similar issue and what i found was we had a user in the provisioning directory with an old device associated to the account.  We had apparently changed the user name and the old device record with the old user name still showed in the other users directories.  As soon as I deleted that device from the user record, it stopped showing up in the directory.

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Ensure directories are being updated on the VCS, so do a sync and log back in, if still there and you're on a Windows box, look for the files mycontacts.xml and recentcalls.xml and delete both. (Note this will delete your favourites).

These files normally sits in %APPDATA%\Cisco\JabberVideo\

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Thank you

vivekksi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rhonda,

I think it might be taking from history, could you try clearing history and check whether that take care of this issue.

Thanks I will give that a try

Not sure if I responded or followed up. But, it eventually disappeared on its own.

We did check a few account users jabber and it appeared on all of ours  But..then we found an account who did not use or call that person in the past and that person did not have the account show up on their jabber.  So, we concluded it was history (but not recent calls) and like I said, it eventually disappeared on its  own.

We do update our VCS consistently and it is scheduled every 10 minutes (bit too often for me but I understand why the previous controller did that).

Thanks for everyone's help