Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS disconnects busy endpoints

Hello, I just found an issue with TMS 14.1.1, the case is whenever endpoint x, and endpoint y for example and in a point to point call, and there's a booked conference which is going to start, that has participant x, while x and y are currently in point to point call, the TMS ends the call on participant X, and adds him to the booked conference, but this doesn't happen if I book the conference through the MCU itself, only with TMS, I think the TMS tells the participants to end everything and connect them to the conference, this didn't happen before in older versions, if the participant was currently in call, it showed as disconnected because it was busy. Has someone ever faced this issue?

Regards.

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've seen this before in prior versions of TMS as well.  I can't explain why a p2p call between two TMS managed endpoints disconnects, vs a multipoint call involving an MCU that doesn't.  Only thing I can assume is that because the p2p call with the TMS managed endpoints disconnects is because TMS manages both endpoints, in the call and because it knows there is a pending schedule for one of them, it disconnects the call and starts the scheduled conference.

Hello Patrick, thanks for your answer, I'm going to try this, I will disable SNMP on one endpoint to test the P2P call VS the scheduled conference with MCU, and see if that endpoint still manages to get disconnected by the TMS to join the conference.

Hmmmm tested the behavior, and whenever the endpoint receives the call scheduled from TMS drops the call, and gets called to join the conference, just to confirm this behaviour. 

Whenever I did some testing of this some time ago, that is what I've seen happen.  Whenever TMS starts a conference that involves a managed endpoint, it disconnects it's current calls and connects it into the scheduled conference.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: