Views
Helpful
Replies

tms diskspace lower

onur temel
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

I am trobuled with TMS diskspace problem. Although trap log Number of days to keep data is 15, it is getting space mercilessly! (as 150 MB each day.)

in a few days there will be no free space. 

how can I fix the problem?

purge database or something else?

thank you.

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It all depends on what the cause of your disk space problem is, or where you're actually seeing the issue being reported.  How big is your environment?  150Mb a day sounds quite a lot!

Is it because your server doesn't have a lot of disk space to start with?  A solution to this could be to migrate it to a new server with a larger disk, or if you can support it in your environment, to virtualise your server?

Is it because your database is getting too large?  A solution to this could be to migrate your database off box (if it isn't already) to an external SQL server.

Is it a Microsft SQL Server data base size issue?  The old SQL Express only had a 2Gb limit, SQL Express 2005 increased that to 4Gb, and SQL Express 2008+ it's 10Gb.  (A full blown edition of SQL Server 2008 R2 can be many Terabytes).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

wayne thanks for your answer,

actually the problem arises from 'tmsng_log'  and bacause of it is trasactional log file I am not intending to have issues about it.

Alos on web I faced to comment as follows: dont make anything to kind of files!

so I may need to open case :(

unless I can copy the tmsng_log file.