cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS does not show the status of MSE8710 TP Server

Scott Hallen
Level 1
Level 1

I used to see that the server was in a call and would see the bridge listed in the Monitoring window. Now I don't.                  

3 Replies 3

Steve Kapinos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What status does it show?

1) Ensure your network addresses are correct for your TMS server under Network settings in Admin Tools->Configuration in the TMS setup

2) Do a 'enforce management settings' on the device under System Navigator for the system.

3) Make sure no other TMS is pointed at the bridge

Tell us the versions of TMS and TS in use

We are using TMS 14.3.1 and the MSE8710 is at 3.1. I can oprn the web portal to the server from TMS but it coesn't show the proper status (always "idle" regardless of whether there is a call ongoing or not).

1) Network settings are correct for TMS

2) I did "Enforce MS" via TMS

3) We only have one instance of TMS

Using the web link in TMS just opens a web browser from your client to the device - doesn't help with confirming anything between TMS and the device.

If you have confirmed the network settings in TMS, goto the TS, and under the Logs Menu, select 'Feedback recievers' - you should see a URL pointing to your TMS server's name or hostname like this

http://10.10.10.20/tms/public/feedback/code.aspx

Make sure your TS can reach that address.  If it's a hostname, make sure the DNS settings on your TS are configured properly.

Make sure your feedback pages in TMS have not been broken.  Take the URL that you got from the bridge, open a fresh copy of your browser and load that URL.  You should get a simple page with two lines of simple xml text.  If you get prompted for a password at all, or get any sort of HTTP error... someone has modified your IIS site in TMS and broken the feedback handlers which would block status updates.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: