Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS drops the content server on some conferences

Luke Sykes
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon.

One of my clients is having an issue where the content server is being dropped on some conferences.

TMS is on revison 14.3.1

There are two first generation Content servers both running 5.1.

The customer says that some conferences ran and recorded fine but a day later the content server had to be added again.

I dont think it is on particular recording alias

Can anyone suggest anything?

Many thank you in advance

Luke Sykes

10 Replies 10

Steve Kapinos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do you mean 'had to be added again'?

First start by viewing the conference log of the meetings that are suspect.  Look for changes to the conference.. including removing the content server

Look at what happened at run time in the conference log for the conference.

Your first step is to understand if the content server was still part of the call at runtime... and then see if it was successfully allocated and dialed.

When the customer says he had to add it again, he meant that TMS had basically deleted the content server from the booking so they had to manaully add it again as a participant.

I will ask these questions to the client now

Thank you for your suggestions

I have spoken to the customer again and he says that he has looked at the conferences that dropped the content servers and its ones they made changes to after it had been booked.

For example, if they go to a conference the have previously booked and add or remove a participant or add extra capacity, when they click save and subsiquently receive a confirmation email fromTMS, the TCS has been dropped. When they go back and check the participants, the TCS is not there and the event log says nothing about the TCS being removed.

Bizzare

Luke Sykes wrote:

I have spoken to the customer again and he says that he has looked at the conferences that dropped the content servers and its ones they made changes to after it had been booked.

For example, if they go to a conference the have previously booked and add or remove a participant or add extra capacity, when they click save and subsiquently receive a confirmation email fromTMS, the TCS has been dropped. When they go back and check the participants, the TCS is not there and the event log says nothing about the TCS being removed.

Bizzare

I would ask how they are editing the meeting (through what interface, etc).  I've just tested this with both the TMS GUI and Smart Scheduler in TMS 14.3.2 and had no problem editing a meeting with recording enabled and the recording stayed intact. 

Thwy use the TMS GUI.

I have added a picture and an copied an email from him below

recording_1.png

Hi Luke,

I was looking through a conference for another reason and came across an example of where the recorder appears in the participants list and where you select the recorder it says no recording then below it says this conference will be recorded. If I go and edit it the recorder vanishes from the participants list. (see attached pic)

It does behave in a strange way, and replicating it is proving difficult.

Regards

Roray

Is this normal, it is not how it appears in our TMS

very unusual... note the conference still shows 'conference will be recorded', has the conference URL, etc...

I would think the answer may lie somewhere in how their recording aliases are defined and maybe permissions differences between who booked the call vs who edited it?  I'd see if different people are editing the call maybe.  That is just a hunch.. because I'm just trying to think of areas that might influence recording alias selection such as personal vs system alias.

I'd look into what aliases are being used and who is editing the conference vs who booked it and see if you find a trail there..  or see if the behavior follows the use of one alias type vs another.

I've seen this happen before within our environment.  Can't remember what we did to cause the issue exactly, but it was around the time we shifted from a standalone TCS to a cluster of two.  During that time we had to edit all of our conferences because the TCS aliases had to be changed to be configured for the cluster, making all existing in use aliases no longer valid.  Has any of your aliases changed or been updated to perhaps cause TMS to drop the TCS from the recording drop down, but yet leave it listed as a participant?

Thats a good point Patrick.  If the previously used recording alias is no longer valid, it should fail routing when the conference were saved and likely be dropped or at worst, left in an incomplete state.

The OPs problem probably lies in this range of 'recording alias is not valid when confernece is saved' scenarios

In our case, all of our standalone TCS aliases were changed 100% percent from what they were when the cluster was created (something we couldn't avoid transitioning from a standalone TCS to a cluster).  The result after the fact is exactly what Luke's image shows.  The TCS is still listed as a participant, the recording link is still present, yet not recording alias is selected in the recording drop down etc.

Luke Sykes
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you both for your comments.

My client is on holiday at the moment but when he returns next week I will ask him what environment changes have been made recently etc

I will get back to you

Thank you again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: