Views
Helpful
Replies

Tms endpoint question

Bar1s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gents,

We have endpoint which is registered to Vcs 7.1. Also this endpoints has added to Tms 13.1.2. Endpoint using DHCP.

Some users shutting down this endpoints. They are opening only when they want to use it. 

Endpoints status appearing "System status:No HTTP response" in shut down situtation.

Problem is, when this endpoint opened system status not fixed at TMS. We are fixing endpoint ip address manually at TMS.

Customer dont want to use static ip address. Why Tms not referencing Vcs for registered endpoints.

How can I handle this problem ?

Regards,

Baris.

9 Replies 9

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Baris

Can you try change settings on couple endpoints and track then via hostname? That should help.

Regards

Rafal

Hello Rafal,

Thanks for reply. So are We need to endpoints name register at domain server ?  If we need to registration, how is it determine endpoints domain name with ip address ?

Regards,

Baris.

Hello Baris

You should have DNS working properly as its very important for VCS and TMS functioning.

Also as Tomonori suggest you can try track it via mac if DNS is not in place at the moment.

Thanks

Rafal

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is “Default System Identifier Type to Track Systems:” setting on TMS (under Administrative Tools > Configuration > Network Settings”)?

If you set this parameter to “MAC Address”, do you still experience same challenge after Endpoint boot up?

Hello All,

Normally i tracking up with mac address. But that endpoints staying shutdown even days. Its not fixed at Tms when they decided to use for open it.

Its good idea Dns for endpoints. But i don't figured out how can i register endpoint to Dns and endpoint common dns settings.

Also Tms end Vcs Dns settigs working properly. We registered Tms end Vcs ip address to Dns server.

Regards,

Baris.

Hi Baris

You need enter DNS settings on each endpoint. There is different way to do it:

- You can do enpoint by endpoint

- Do it from TMS for each endpoint

- Create and apply template from TMS for different type of endpoints.

Thanks.

Rafal

Hello Rafal,

for example, I have one Ex60.

I gave system name :userex60

Dns Domain Name : local.domain

Also I entered dns server ip address which is same ip address with Tms and Vcs.

So how Tms determining Ex60 domain name which is userex60.local.domain ? Because we didnt create dns a record for this endpoint.

Regards,

Baris.

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

> Normally i tracking up with mac address. But that endpoints staying shutdown even days.

This is interesting as Cisco Endpoint (i.e. MXP series Endpoint, C-series Endpoint) which has configure management IP address should send boot up notification to TMS informing system status update.

If TMS is not detecting Endpoint availability even Endpoint boot up properly, I’d recommend to sniffer packet on TMS server and check whether that notification packet actually arrive on TMS or not.

Any firewall between Endpoint and TMS or have Windows Firewall enabled on TMS which might deny such packet from Endpoint?

Hello,

Tracking up with Mac Address is working with dhcp option 242 for Cisco endpoints. Its my bad.

Also I want to track Polycom endpoints but dhcp option not worked for Polycom endpoints.

Is there any trick for Polycom Vsx endpoints ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: