Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS gives "no route to participant" error just before conference begins

johncusack1
Level 1
Level 1

Running TMS 13.1.1

Conferences save fine but five minutes before the start of a conference (all H.323) we get a red ball error next to all or most of the participants "No route to this participant"  "invlid route".   Next to the MCU listed at the top we sumtimes get a yellow  "invalid token".  This causes us to delete and completely rebuild the call on the fly.  Anyone?

8 Replies 8

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

As this version (13.1.1) is an old version (the latest is 14.2), did you try to check the bug list to look for any known limitation or bug?

Also, tell me, are those endpoint being managed by TMS? Is there any ticket raised for the endpoints?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Yes I've looked at the known issues and don't see anything.  All endpoints are local, on the network, and managed by TMS as well as registered to the VCS.  It doesn't happen the week before, or the day before, it happens just five minutes or so prior to the conference start time.  It is usually not all the participants but probably 75% of them.  They will not connect.  If I take them from the conference and add them back in it works fine.   ???

Is there any ticket raised for those endpoints in TMS? Are you sure that you had no changing in your enviroment?

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have there been any dial plan changes since these conferences have been scheduled?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

No dial plan or any other config changes on TMS, MCU, VCS or anything else.  As far as I can ascertain nothing new on the network either.

How do you set up the conference? Is it a template, do you use the standard or easy scheduler, api, exchange, ...?

Did you look into the tms and windows logfiles/eventlogs if you can see anything suspicious?

Did you check on the vcs and mcu if you see any thing suspicious in the trap/history for that device?

How easy is it to reproduce?

Could you do a refresh on your MCUs and VCSs in system navigator?

What is the setting of "Route Phone Book Entries:" does the issue still exist if you toggel that?

Do you have a chance to test TMS14.3?

Do you use a proxy?

Any other issues known in your network?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

All conferences are built manually by the operator, automatic connect.

Nothing that I can see in the logs.  Remember this route error only shows up just before the start of the conference........there seems to be no log events for it.

Nothing suspicious in the VCS logs either.  All endpoints are registered.

It is happening on almost every conference.

I'll do a refresh on navigator and see if there is any change.

We will be upgrading to 13.2.2 shortly.  The upgrade to 14 will take a while because of policy.

No proxy.

If you do not get a better answer here (maybe Dale or somebody else from Cisco could say something)

and you have a service contract for your TMS and its critical for you, you could think of escalating this

as a service request to Cisco TAC. You can use the menu function on the right top for that.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify