cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS - Interoperability call scheduling

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

I'm unclear on the process for scheduling inter-company calls using TMS.

In the CTS-Man situation, the user would schedule a room, then get the email invite back from CTS-Man. They would then follow the Email link, log into CTS-Man, go the Intercompany tab, fill in the specific details, and CTS-Man would generate a meeitng ID for them to share with the other company.

What is the process flow for TMS?

thx,

robert

3 Replies 3

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Go to booking --> new conf in TMS

In Here you can schedule a regular meeting by adding participants registered to the TMS by selecting "Add participants" and you will also have a number of options to add other types of participants i.e the other company. You select "external" and choose a number of dial in participants so TMS can reserve ports on the bridge for these. Once saved you should get an e-mail with the bridge number.

You can then forward this to the dial in participants.

It could also be dial out so that you type in the uri's for the external participants and the bridge will setup the call when its time.

This is just roughly, I would have provided more details if I was in front of my computer in stead of this tiny thing

Please let us know if there is anything specific from what i told you that you want to hear more about or if i have totally misunderstood you. I work with TMS not with CTS-MAN.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Magnus,

I finally had a chance to test this, and I don't think it works the way you are expecting it to.

I configured and External participant, expecting the TMS to have the CTS endpoint dial out to an external number that was entered into the external number field. The TMS had the 8710 call the CTS, then it tried to setup three different calls to the external number I had entered.

So, back to the original question, I am looking for an equivilant procedure with TMS on how to set up an interop call to a MP bridge hosted on a service provider exchange.

In the CTS-Manager world, you schedule a meeting in Outlook. CTS-Man send you a confirmation email. YOu click on the link in the email, and then can select intercompany and enter the dialout number as well as the meeting ID.
I'm looking for a way to get TMS to allow me to schedule an intercompany meeting.

thx

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

TMS having the TelePresence Server dial out to the CTS room and the External number. Rather than TMS having the CTS room dial the external number

8710 trying to setup numerous calls to the same external number

Simply looking for a way to have use TMS to schedule a meeting and have CTS dial an external number with no TS in the call.