cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

TMS isn't sending out notification emails

Hi,

I've setup TMS to send out email alert but it didn't send out an alert when I unpluged one of Ex60 device that was registered in TMS. why is that? I do I resolve it?

Thanks...

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: TMS isn't sending out notification emails

Hi Gavin!

Are you sure you have configured the e-mail settings correctly in tms. What adress are you using as a "from" address? Are you sure you are allowed to use this as a "from" address?

The reason will show in the tms logs or even better from a wireshark trace. Are you using exchange?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Community Member

Hi,

Yes, email settings are configured correctly. even test email went to all users.

from is configured as "tms@xxx.com". I'm allowed to send from this server with any "from" field.

do I have to configure anything else apart from email settings under config tools?

Just in case...

Systems--->Event Notification Manager

choose relevant user and individual systems and type of events you wish to be notified of.

You need to have access rights to all of the systems you wish to receive notifications about though.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
Community Member

Has SNMP Traps been setup correctly?

Cisco Employee

If your talking about receiving system events, i.e. event notification manager, then Jens is spot on.

@Dean: SNMP Traps doesn't have anything to do here. In fact, TMS only uses SNMP to add or discover systems. After that, all feedback between TMS and the systems are via HTTP/HTTPs.

As far as other notifications from TMS, you need to ensure you configure the email address under Admin Tools > Network Setting >

And you also have System Contact E-mail Address setting under Admin Tools > General Settings

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content