Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS License re-host

dana.tong
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I am presently working with a customer who is in the process of renewing all of their VC maintenance and UCSS. We've also submitted the order to obtain the Exchange integration license (for booking).

I have installed a new Windows 2008 R2 server with new remote SQL 2008 R2 database. The legacy server was Win 2003, remote SQL 2005, TMS 12.6.x.

Cisco Licensing have advised me that a "Tandberg" re-host license requires and RMA to be submitted. I've been working with the TAC for over a week now and have provided them with numerous Sales Order numbers, Contract numbers etc,

Does anyone know the easiest way to obtain assistance from someone in Global licensing who can understands what I am trying to achieve without having to go via an RMA?

Cheers

Dana

2 Replies 2

outlooker
Level 1
Level 1

You need a new release key to original serial number for upgrading to the latest version TMS.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/videoconferencing/

Raising funds for H323meeting.com, please contact me for details.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You'll only need a different key for the same version if you're going from one of the old TMS Applicances (an 80Bxxxx serial number) to a Server based TMS Solution (an 80Axxxx serial number).

If you're going from server to server, the release (80Axxxx) key you have will work for installing the same version on a new box.  If you're upgrading, you'll of course need the upgraded key for the new release - you should be able to get this trough the TAC quite easily if you're under service contract, or you can get it youself from the Licensing Portal.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: