cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Migration to New Server

Michael McClain
Level 1
Level 1

I am moving our existing TMS 13.2.2 to a new server. One of the first steps is to copy the encryption key of TMS. The instructions to do this are: TMS Tools/Security Settings/Encryption Key. My problem is that when I open TMS Tools I do not have an option to select Security Settings. Is this something that is not available in 13.2.2. If so, how do I find my current encryption key for 13.2.2

I intend to upgrade to 14.X once the existing TMS 13.2.2 is moved.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looking through the TMS 13.2.2 Release Notes, bottom of pg 3, they removed the encryption key option from TMS Tools.  Looking at the details of the bug CSCua72784, it says:.

Encryption keys are not used by Cisco TMS until version 14. The option does nothing in 13.2.x, and can safely be ignored.

So you can probable upgrade to TMS 14.x and then go through the encryption key process during install.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looking through the TMS 13.2.2 Release Notes, bottom of pg 3, they removed the encryption key option from TMS Tools.  Looking at the details of the bug CSCua72784, it says:.

Encryption keys are not used by Cisco TMS until version 14. The option does nothing in 13.2.x, and can safely be ignored.

So you can probable upgrade to TMS 14.x and then go through the encryption key process during install.

thank you patrick, you have put my mind at ease

Patrick, just wanted you to know that all went well. Thanks for your input.