Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS not reporting C series codecs packet loss

swestra01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a TMS system (13.0) and a mixture of C20, C40, and older MXP endpoints. While trying to track down a video issue I was having, I noticed that the TMS is not showing any of the conferences involving the C series codecs under the packet loss conferences. I see several entries for the older MXP endpoints but nothing involving any C series endpoints. I looked at the log files on the codec itself and it showed that packet loss was occuring on the conference in question. Example log entry taken from eventlog/all below:

Jul 10 19:44:13 arm4 video4: 410097.85 DEC_FSM-4 I: Decode Err: frame 76836: (packets lost) ERROR 0x00000a40|Corrupt Data|Concealment Applied|H264D_ERR_COPROCESSOR_STREAM_BUFFER_ERROR

Does anyone know if I have to enable something different on the C series codes to get the packet loss reporting through the TMS or what I am missing here?

Thanks,

Steven       

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Steven

C series, MX and EX doesn't report packet loss to TMS. This option is only working with MXP.

You need to check on endpoints itself, as TMS will never show that.

There was enhencment CSCtq54891 open while ago for that and you can view it via Cisco Bug Toolkit:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.domethod=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtq54891

Thanks

Rafal

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Steven

C series, MX and EX doesn't report packet loss to TMS. This option is only working with MXP.

You need to check on endpoints itself, as TMS will never show that.

There was enhencment CSCtq54891 open while ago for that and you can view it via Cisco Bug Toolkit:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.domethod=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtq54891

Thanks

Rafal

Thanks Rafal.

So how would you recommend getting good statics on how often the packet loss issue happens on a particular codec for a month? The logs on the codec only seem to go back about 6 days and all the historical logs are packaged already.

Hi Steven

I don't think that would be possible on the codec. You can view it in real time using xstatus and using historical logs.

Thanks

Rafal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: