Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

TMS not sending Conference ending notification to TP rooms

Hello all,

I'm facing some issues with scheduling Telepresence meetings from TMS.

When I'm booking a meeting from TMS the endpoints don't receive the "Conference ending notification" before finish the conference.

When I do the same from TP Server, scheduling the conference with the same endpoints with same peiod of time, the

Conference ending notification was sent.

Anyone faced this issue before? Thanks in advance.

• TelePresence
Everyone's tags (4)
17 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Which software versions are you using (TMS, TP server, TP endpoints)?

In the Conference Event Log in the Conference Control Center in TMS, do you see messages such as:

3/20/12 10:23:59 AM    CallInfo        participant02    Sent message to participant02: (...)

3/20/12 10:23:59 AM    CallInfo        participant01    Sent message to participant01: (...)

3/20/12 10:23:59 AM    CallInfo        Display 1 minute message left of conference

3/20/12 10:20:00 AM    CallInfo        participant02    Sent message to participant02: (...)

3/20/12 10:20:00 AM    CallInfo        participant01    Sent message to participant01: (...)

3/20/12 10:20:00 AM    ConferenceActive                Conference ends in five minutes

3/20/12 10:20:00 AM    CallInfo                Display 5 minute message left of conference

Hi Kjetil

Versions:

TMS: 13.1.1

TP Server: 2.2(1.48)

TP endpoints: CTS 1.8.0(55)

Only this appears:

20-03-2012 12:28:15     CallInfo      Porto Alegre  Meeting released on port 1

20-03-2012 12:23:00     ConferenceActive                                        Conference ends in five minutes

20-03-2012 12:18:53     CallConnected                    Porto Alegre  Call Connected: 5511....

20-03-2012 12:18:21     ConferenceInfo                    Porto Alegre  Ad hoc call added: 5511.....

20-03-2012 12:18:13      CallInfo                    Porto Alegre  SIP Dial =......

20-03-2012 12:18:00      CallInfo                    Porto Alegre  Meeting allocated on port: 1

20-03-2012 12:18:00      CallInfo                    São Paulo Meeting allocated on port: 1

20-03-2012 12:18:00               ConferenceActive                                        Conference Started

20-03-2012 12:14:15               ConferenceInfo          Administrator adm                    Conference Created

The sent message log isn't showing or sent to endpoints.

Is that configurable?

Thx

Cisco Employee

Re: TMS not sending Conference ending notification to TP rooms

Hi,

I haven't tested it myself, but I don't think that you can expect these notifications to work on CTS endpoints. CTS support is somewhat limited in TMS - you can schedule CTS systems and monitor their call / connection status, but TMS won't control the conferences as we are used to from the old TANDBERG endpoints.

Regards,

Kjetil

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Just a follow up here.

Just a follow up here. Notifications sent to endpoints are not consistent.

In our environment (TMS 14.4, endpoints = C40, C60, Old MX (not gen 1or not gen2), jabber 4.8) the master participant recieves either one or multiple notfications before the end of a meeting that cannot extend past its schedule time.  The other participants may receive one message on the monitor IF the control panel is non-Cisco (aka Crestron).  If the control panel is a Cisco model, the message will be sent to the control panel (display) and not the monitor. This is important because the participants in the room will never see the message because they are not looking at the call.

IMHO, participants need to have the message in their face otherwise in their minds the call ends abruptly.

Cisco Employee

I scheduled a call between a CTS 1000 (1.8.0(55)) and a CUCM registered C90 (TC5.1) in my lab 13.2 TMS. The 5 minute warning was sent to the C90, but not to the CTS1000.

Cisco Employee

I have searched some more in our internal specifications for CTS support in TMS, but I can't find conference ending notifications mentioned as a supported feature for such endpoints.

If this functionality is important to your customer, you should raise a feature request through the normal channels.

Regards,

Kjetil

Thank you so much Kjetil!!

This functionality is very important to customer because they use it onthe legacy video system.

Well I'm going to pass this info to customer and open a request to add this feature.

By the way, do you know how I can proceed with this? Wich channel I've to contact?

Thanks once again.

Best regards,

Leonardo

VIP Super Bronze

I suggest you work with the customer's Cisco Account Manager and Systems Engineer. They can submit an enhancement request. Whether this goes anywhere or not depends on the BU and how strong of a business case the AM can demonstrate (e.g. customer won't buy any more gear).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for the support.

Regards.

Views
Helpful
Replies