Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

TMS Phone book is not updating on endpoints

We recently moved a SX20 and EX90 TelePresence unit to a new building, and therefore assigned these units new static IP addresses, new subnets, and new gateways. Because the conference room names also changed, I updated the H323 Alias, SIP URI 1, and System Unit Name on each device. However, I am having a problem getting the TMS Phone book to reflect these changes.  In TMS, I went to Systems, selected the systems that were moved, and clicked Add Systems. Afterwards, the description reads "System already exists in TMS and was added to folder."  So, next I went to    Phone Books>Manage Phone Books, clicked on the Phone book name, and selected Update. I see a message that the Phone book successfully updated. However, the phone books on all endpoints still reflect the old system unit names.  I cannot figure this one out. Please help! Thanks!

3 REPLIES

TMS version?When you access

TMS version?

When you access these systems in TMS, does it display the systems with the old system names or the new ones? Either way, first thing to do is to hit "Force refresh" to ensure TMS has the new details. (By the way, you never add existing systems - I strongly suggest you read the on-line help files and the admin guide).

What phonebook source(s) are your phonebooks using?

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
VIP Green

As the others have suggested

As the others have suggested - you should have just editied the details in the current endpoints in TMS rather than trying to re-add them when moving them to another location... they're the same system, just with different details.

You could delete them, and then purge them, to get rid of them completely and re-add them as "new" ones - this will get rid of any references to the old systems in any automatic phonebooks (but will also remove any previus details/logs/etc for those devices).  I would only do that as a last resort fix if any of the other suggestions don't help.

Have you checked the actual phonebook on TMS to see what addresses are in it?

What is the phonebook source set to?  Is is a Manual List?  If so, you'll need to manually edit the phonebook entries in the phonebook.

Is the phonebook that you're editing assigned to the endpoints you are checking, or are they using a different phonebook?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate response and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
VIP Purple

Typically if you're moving an

Typically if you're moving an existing system that is managed by TMS, you'd just update the existing system and not add it again - which is why you received the error that it already existed.  What I would have done is for each system that gets moved, you simply update the IP address for that system in TMS.  Any dial plan configurations you made to the codec after the move will then be updated, and any TMS phone books that reference that system will be updated depending on the phone book's update schedule.  One thing to note, if you changed the dial plan for the system, and any conferences that the system was already added to as a participant would have to be updated if you expect the system to remain in the conference, or removed if the system's old location is no longer needed.

Views
Helpful
Replies