cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS phonebook for Jabber

Steve Deslandes
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that complains about his phonebook in Jabber. Whenever he types the name of his boardroom, he gets back 3 different ways of making his call which are:

- SIP

- H.323

- IP address

His phonebook is using his ALL SYSTEM source. All his systems are registered in both SIP and H.323 to his VCS.

Is there a way to use the ALL SYSTEM phonebook source and select to show just one of the dialing strings or do you have to manually create your phonebook inorder for it to show just one of the 3 ways of making calls.

4 Replies 4

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Steve

Can you please check

Administrative Tools> Configuration> General Settings> Route Phone Book Entries

Is it set to no, can you try change it to yes?

If that is not going to help best way is to create manual list for phone book source, import it to endpoints/Jabber once. After you need remove all info you don't need it and leave only one type of dialing.

After you need create another manual phone book which use this phonebook as source and set it on the systems.

Please try that and see if will work for you.

Regards

Rafal

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

I had a similar problem, however, as soon as I issued each system with its own, specific, SIP URI, it disappeared.

Now only the SIP URI is displayed for these systems.

TMS 13.2 with TMSPE.

Route Phone Book Entries set to "No".

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

I think I also remember having seen strange symptoms if you ran a mix of software releases.

I recommend JabberVideo 4.4, X7.1, TMS13.2, (TMSPE or old style provisioning shall be everybodies decision

based on reasons, I still prefer the old style, ...)

Also do not forget to upload the XML device-templates onto the TMS.

Besides that I ACK Jens and Rafal, expecially the specific tailored JabberVideo phonebook(s)

can become quite handy.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I ran into something simliar once myself for a manual phonebook I created, it contained at the time only two entries, IP and H323.  Both address types appeared in Jabber Video, but once I added a SIP address to the phonebook, it was then the only type that appeared.

I'm not sure if "Route Phone Book Entries" is what made the other two address types not show up once a SIP address was added, but I would assume it was.