Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS phonebook - need for an end-user view

Hello,

I would like to know if there's a way to give end users a user-friendly direct view on the TMS phonebook.

I have requests from end-users to have a view at the list of all our endpoints/rooms in the company.

I could give them the link to the TMS webpage itself and tell them to go to Phonebooks menu.... but it is not user friendly. Not only the [view contacts] window is not very user oriented but it is too many clicks away.

Is there a way (link, API...) to give direct access to the [view contacts] view of a TMS phone book?

2 Replies 2

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am not 100% sure what you want to see.

If you have access to a recent MXP or TC (C/EX/MX/SX) endpoint you can go to that

webinterface and also check out the phonebooks provisioned.

Besides this and the TMS view there is no direct view I am aware off.

I am not aware that there is an official API, but at least the routines for access

must exist somehow for the endpoints.

You can export all your phonebooks/endpoints/provisioning to ldap or text files and then

do some magic with a script to present it in a file or web based or whatever you need format.

There are also some providers of external phonebooks like https://www.seevia.me/

Besides that, its always worth to exactly describe what you need and file a feature request.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Steve Kapinos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are trying to create a user friendly web version of the phonebook - no this is not easily accomplished with the TMS GUI - it is intended to be the administrators management interface.

There is no public API for listing the directory either.  But what you might pursue is creating a rendered page of the TMS phonebook being exported.

You can create a phonebook source for TMS directory that exports to a structured file... then write a webpage that would parse and display that content.