Views
Helpful
Replies

tms phonebook

Amine Majdi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi expert, 

I have a simple question,how can I syncronise two tms Phonebook ? 

Thank you 

4 Replies 4

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

do you mean between two phonebooks on seperate TMS Servers or 2 seperate phonebooks on one TMS server?

Hi James, 

Yes I mean syncronise between two phonebooks on two seperate TMS Servers, 

Thank you

Then no there is no easy or automated method to do this right now if all you have are TMS servers. There are a few ways to make it happne that I have used in the past to get phonebooks between organizations.

All of these methods would be used to create a TMS Phonebook Source

1. Add a endpoint from TMS1 to TMS2 and Endpoint Source type to create a phone book source from that endpoint

2. Add the VCS or GK from TMS1 to TMS and Gatekeeper as the source type

3. Either FTP to a system managed by TMS1 and GET files or have someone send you the following files dir.prm and globdir.prm then upload either or both to a system managed by TMS2. The globdir.prm will only be populated if the TMS is pushing a Global Directory, the dir file are local entries only.

4. Create CSV file from TMS1 and use File Based source - Use the files above as a source or it all have to be done manually as there is no export

Steve Kapinos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use the TMS phonebook source type of file to export on one server.. and file import on the other.

You can synchronize the file itself external to TMS (use file sync software, post to a common reachable point, etc).  TMS does not provide a direct way to share between two servers, but by publishing using file types or H.350 types you can achieve that result.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: