Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Provisioning Extension required for Jabber Video

jdedell12
Level 5
Level 5

All,

I like to verify that Provisioning Extension is not required for TMS (14.x) to allow Jabber Video exterenal users to join a video meeting on a MCU.  These will be external Jabber Video users not registered to VCS.

Thanks

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I presume the Jabber Video users will be registered to someone else's VCS or using the free Jabber Video service by Cisco?  If so, than yes, you do not require TMSPE, it is only required if YOU are provisioning and providing the Jabber Video service to others.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I presume the Jabber Video users will be registered to someone else's VCS or using the free Jabber Video service by Cisco?  If so, than yes, you do not require TMSPE, it is only required if YOU are provisioning and providing the Jabber Video service to others.

Thanks Patrick.  Yes they are using the free Jabber Video servers from Cisco.

Only thing that you might have to do is setup SRV records for your external domain pointing to your VCS.  Have you tested with someone using Cisco's Jabber Video service calling into you?

Sorry but a little confused on PE.  So if I am not registering any Jabber Video to VCS I don't need any extra licenses like LIC-MOVI-25 or LIC-TMS-PE-25 on my TMS? 

Thanks for your time.

John

Nope.  You only need that if you're planning on provisioning Jabber Video, E20, EX60/90, etc.  If you're not planning on doing any of that, you don't need it.  Nothing is required as far as licenses for others to simply call you, just the appriopriate DNS records to be in place for those external SIP clients to dial in.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-25395

Thanks this really helps.  I am in the planning phase and requirments have changed a little and wanted to make sure I was covered properly.  Looks like am with your assistance.  Once we get to deployment I will be setting up SRV records so external user can access the video system.

Thanks again

John

Thanks.  They just asked for a C60 to be protable so they can have video from external hotel rooms.  Looks like I will need provisioning licenses for that since it has to be provissioned to VCS.

Just directly register the C60 to VCS, C60 can't utilize TMSPE anyway.  Do you know how to register it to your VCS?

That is what I was thinking then got side tracked on PE. 

Glad it is Friday my brain is going to explode.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: